Our team’s focus is on large stand-alone, single-tenant “core” corporate properties with investment grade tenants.
CCM’s transactions leverage both the new lease accounting rules and the high credit quality profile of the tenant to drive down costs and improve the financial reporting profile of core corporate real estate assets. Sector coverage includes energy, technology, healthcare, industrial, media, retail and more.
Based in Boston, MA, the team joined Newmark in 2018 and has closed $7.5 billion of transactions in the last five years. Of this total, $3.9 billion has been executed for corporate real estate assets under Synthetic Lease, Hybrid Lease and Credit Tenant Lease structures.
Value Proposition for Tenants
- New lease accounting rules bring new deal structures and new opportunities for corporate real estate assets
- CCM is a market leader in the structuring and execution of Synthetic Leases, Hybrid Leases and Credit Tenant Leases
- Benefits Include:
- Rent Savings of 25-40%
- Lease Liability Reductions of 40-85%
- Tenant Economic Control and Tax Ownership of Core Assets
- Structures are utilized for build-to-suit construction, purchase of new properties, tenant buyouts of existing properties currently under lease and sale/leasebacks
Value Proposition for Property Owners
- Credit Tenant Lease debt structures offer high liquidity financing (LTVs > 100%) at pricing reflective of the credit profile of the tenant
- CFIB has extensive corporate credit-based investor relationships in the bank, institutional, and independent investor markets
- Efficient tenant buyout financing structures can increase sales prices (Synthetic Leases, Hybrid Leases and Credit Tenant Leases)