William (Clay) Trauernicht joined Newmark Knight Frank in 2019 and currently serves as a director in the company’s Stamford, Connecticut, office. Mr. Trauernicht specializes in tenant and landlord representation, providing advice on all aspects of property occupancy, workplace strategies and investment sales in Connecticut and Westchester County, New York.
Mr. Trauernicht has significant expertise in providing leadership and operating leverage across corporate, office and industrial real estate assets, specializing in TAMI, law and finance vertical markets.
Prior to Newmark Knight Frank, Mr. Trauernicht was a vice president for five years with CRESA Commercial Real Estate in New York City, where he negotiated complex lease transactions, structured leasebacks, evaluated lease/buy alternatives and analyzed equity opportunities.
Previously, Mr. Trauernicht was president of Winged Foot Media, LLC in New York City, where he led the vision and tactical direction of integrated sports media sponsorships and branded cross-channel entertainment sales and partnerships.
Partial List of Lease Transactions
As a tenant representative
- TIAA-CREFF: 39,000 SF lease renewal and expansion in Midtown Manhattan
- Northwell Health: negotiation, consulting and project management on a 25,000 SF renewal and expansion and an 8,000 SF urgent care pilot facility
- EXU-Search: 29,000 SF renewal and expansion and provided consulting services for redevelopment and workspace optimization
- Arthur J. Gallagher: 27,000 SF lease in downtown NYC for a satellite expansion with project oversite
- Nimble Storage: 12,000 SF lease for new regional NY sales office - aligning location planning and work place strategies
- Member, Real Estate Board of New York (REBNY)
- Member, American Management Association
- Board of directors, Boys & Girls Club of Springfield, MA; Greater Washington DC; and Park Slope, Brooklyn, NY
- Advocate board, ASPCA
- Licensed real estate broker, states of New York and Connecticut
Mr. Trauernicht graduated cum laude from the University of Denver, where he earned a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree in marketing and finance.