William R. Rolander Jr. joined Newmark in 2016 as an executive managing director in the firm’s Chicago office, where he specializes in core and high-profile office leasing assignments within Chicago’s central business district. Mr. Rolander is proficient in all aspects of commercial leasing, the result of his strategic, hands-on style for creating ownership value and more than 30 years of leasing success.
Mr. Rolander transitioned to Newmark after more than 21 years at The John Buck Company, where he served as a principal and managing director of the Product Leasing Group. Mr. Rolander joined the company as a vice president and senior leasing broker in 1995 and was promoted to principal in 2004. During his tenure, Mr. Rolander gained extensive experience leasing office space in Chicago’s central business district and suburbs as well as abroad (Berlin and Frankfurt, Germany).
Prior to The John Buck Company, Mr. Rolander served as a senior associate at CB Richard Ellis (now CBRE). During his more than seven years with the company, he focused on representing tenants and landlords in the leasing of office properties in the greater Chicago area.
PARTIAL LIST OF LEASE TRANSACTIONS:
- One North Wacker Drive: 1.4 million RSF
- Sony Center, Berlin, Germany: 1.2 million RSF
- 333 South Wabash Avenue: 1.2 million RSF
- 222 South Riverside Plaza: 1.2 million RSF
- 155 North Wacker Drive: 1.2 million RSF
- 10 and 120 South Riverside Plaza: 1.1 million RSF
- 161 North Clark Street: 1.1 million RSF
- 111 South Wacker Drive: 1.1 million RSF
- Two Illinois Center: 1.0 million RSF
- NBC Tower: 850,000 RSF
- 333 West Wacker Drive: 845,247 RSF
- 151 North Franklin: 800,000 RSF (new development under construction)
- 77 West Wacker Drive: 800,000 RSF
- Parkway North Center, Deerfield, IL: 776,074 RSF
- 200 South Wacker Drive: 754,751 RSF
- Triangle Plaza: 631,445 RSF
- 33 North LaSalle Street: 400,000 RSF
- Prairie Street, One and Two Park: 300,000 RSF
- The Rookery: 288,924 RSF
- York Center, Oak Brook, IL: 184,017 RSF
- 142 East Ontario Street: 120,000 RSF
- Downtown Transaction of the Year, Crain’s and the Greater Chicago Food Depository, 2004, 2005 and 2011 - 2013
- Nominee, Suburban Office Transaction of the Year and Suburban Leasing Broker of the Year, NAIOP, 2000
- Top Five Salesperson, CB Richard Ellis, 1988, 1989 and 1991
Mr. Rolander’s professional affiliations include the Chicago Office Leasing Brokers Association (COLBA), where he served as president and is currently on the advisory board, and the Illini Real Estate Forum, an organization of real estate professionals who are also University of Illinois alumni.
Additionally, from 2005 through 2006, Mr. Rolander served as chairman of The John Buck Company Foundation. In this capacity, he was responsible for the overall oversight of the company’s charitable activities.
Mr. Rolander currently holds real estate managing broker’s licenses in the states of Illinois and Wisconsin. He also holds a Bachelor of Science degree in finance from the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign.