CA RE License #00938326
William Steele is a Senior Managing Director with the San Jose office of Newmark Knight Frank, specializing in the sale and lease of commercial properties throughout the Silicon Valley and San Francisco Peninsula. With over 33 years of experience, he brings a vast skill set and a strong work ethic to the service of his clients
Mr. Steele joined Newmark Knight Frank in 2012. Prior to that he was a consistent top producing Senior Vice President with the San Jose office of Grubb & Ellis Company from 1993 to 2012 where he received many national awards for production and service. Preceding Grubb & Ellis, he worked with Cunningham Associates and BTS Brokerage.
Mr. Steele has completed more than 1,000 sale and lease transactions with a total consideration value in excess of $1 billion. He has experience negotiating and advising on marketing, acquisition, sale and leasing across many types of transactions including build-to-suits, land sales, property assemblage, 1031 & 1033 tax deferred exchanges, reverse exchanges, improvement exchanges, ground leases, options, eminent domain proceedings, trustee sales, bankruptcy sales and lender sales. He has worked through complex land use issues and project entitlement, conditional use permits, re-zoning and general plan changes, environmental issues as well as ground-up construction and significant renovation/repositioning.
- Praxair Technology, Inc. acquired 143,430 SF on 7.06 Acres from Reliance Steel & Aluminum Co. via reverse exchange
- M8Trix acquired 102,000 SF on 6.08 Acres from Foster Enterprises for redevelopment, and built an 8-story casino
- Arseen Auto Body Inc. acquired 95,936 SF from Glasforms, Inc.
- Dollinger Properties acquired 86,850 SF from Limar Realty Group
- Golden Cajun, LLC acquired 71,296 SF from TransPak, renovated and repurposed as a data center
- Orleans Properties, LLC acquired 71,888 SF from South Bay Development Co., extended lease with DBI Beverage; relet to Pace Supply
- Roseburg Forest Products leased 59,580 SF of build-to-suit space from Longmeadow Development Corp.
- Orleans Properties, LLC acquired 53,519 SF from McCandless Management Corp.
- 1705 Sabre Associates LP acquired 52,601 SF from Westaff Inc. in a Sale / Leaseback transaction, and re-sold to Vertical Ventures
- Intuitive Surgical, Inc. acquired 47,200 SF from San Lucar Properties, LLC.
- Devcon / Santa Clara University acquired 57,280 SF on 3.14 Acres from T.W. Smith & Alliance Roofing for redevelopment
- Pearlman Properties acquired 40,417 SF office building from Berkadia Commercial Mortgage, LLC
- Orleans Properties, LLC acquired 42,624 SF from Westcore Properties, and re-sold to NetApp
- DECO Cabinet & Stone Inc. leased 42,180 SF of retail/warehouse from DCT Industrial
- Applied Materials acquired 33,288 SF on three separate parcels totaling 2.55 Acres for campus expansion
- Hickey Properties, LLC acquired 40,320 SF from Daugherty Living Trust via an improvement exchange
- Verizon leased 29,368 SF telco building from Orleans Properties, LLC
- Shimada acquired a 255-unit apartment complex from Arlington Collins Rosewood Investments Inc.
- City of San Carlos / RD Olson acquired 3.9 Acres with 71,520 SF of buildings from three sellers, and developed a 204-room Residence Inn by Marriott
- ADESA California, Inc. acquired 215 Acres from Tracy Industrial Partners
- Sand Hill Advisors acquired 4.22 Acres with 25,000 SF of buildings from Praxair, Inc.
- Barry Swenson Builder acquired 37,000 SF from Polito, and leased to Ultimate Digs
- Prime Deco Furniture Manufacturing leased 51,442 SF from Goble Properties
- Deerfield Realty acquired 2.68 Acres from Praxair, Inc.
- Mission West / Carl Berg acquired 9.23 Acres and built-to-suit 120,000 SF for Integrated Device Technology (IDT)
- Imwalle Properties acquired 3.3 Acres from Giacomazzi
- Paye acquired 61,520 SF on 3.05 Acres from Praxair, Inc. & Bar-K
- Zacko Commercial and Pioneer Millwork, Inc. acquired 37,509 SF from 1705 Sabre Associates
- SC Allied sold 26,428 SF to Devcon Investments, LLC, and exchanged sale proceeds to purchase 31,906 SF from Spieker Stratmore
- Oakmead Properties, LLC sold 29,368 SF to Michael Wang, and exchanged sale proceeds to purchase 30,835 SF from Lane Partners
- Chioini Family Trust purchased 31,500 SF from EOP, and later sold to Lightstone for entitlement as a data center redevelopment
- The Riding Group purchased 3.02 Acres from Sunnyvale Community Christian Church for development of 34 Townhomes
- Hudson Industrial Equities acquired 1.22 Acres from Praxair, Inc. for development of a 480 Unit self-storage project