CA DRE License #00914097
Walter C. Smith joined Newmark Pearson Commercial in 1995 and serves as a senior vice president, specializing in retail properties, land acquisition, contract negotiations, investment sales and leasing, and ground-up development. Mr. Smith has earned many sales accolades during his career including, CoStar’s “Power Broker” award, Salesperson of the Year, Top Retail Sales Producer for numerous years (2001, 2002, 2006-2009) and the “Circle of Excellence” award, placing him in the Top 30, nationwide, of 680 sales professionals in 54 of Grubb & Ellis affiliate offices for transactions and services.
Mr. Smith’s commercial real estate career began in 1987 as a retail specialist at CB Commercial Real Estate Group, Inc. in Fresno, where he specialized in leasing numerous grocery/drug shopping centers in California’s Central Valley. This specialization was complimented by his representation of national and regional tenants in their expansion plans throughout California. He then moved to Monterey in California’s Bay Area, where he served as director of leasing at Cannery Row Company, responsible for overseeing the leasing of Steinbeck Plaza.
Mr. Smith’s decision to specialize in retail properties was a natural fit given his retail and management background. Mr. Smith is a fourth-generation member of the family-owned Walter Smith Menswear that operated in the Fresno area, where he managed all facets of the Fresno Fashion Fair branch prior to transitioning to commercial real estate.
PARTIAL LIST OF INVESTMENT SALES
- Shepherd Ranch Shopping Center, Fresno, California: Ralph’s Grocery Store
- Walgreen’s & Carl’s Jr: $21,000,000
- Walgreen’s, Fresno, California: $5,099,061
- Walgreen’s, Sanger, California: $6,110,098
- Parkway Trails, Clovis, California: $26,000,000
- Shaw View Shopping Center: $9,700,000
- Shops on Herndon, Fresno: $5,300,000
- Walgreens, Fresno: $6,800,000
- Food 4 Less, Fresno: $4,998,582
- Carl’s Jr., Fresno: $1,723,418
PARTIAL LIST OF TRANSACTIONS
- Herndon & Willow, Fresno: 16-Acre Mixed Use Development with Office Medical & Retail.
- Shields & Fowler, Fresno: 16-Acre Retail Development, Phase I
- Packwood Regional Shopping Center, Visalia, California: 650,000 GLA
- Northside Shopping Center, Visalia: 160,000 SF
- Shepherd Ranch Shopping Center, Fresno, California: 105,000 GLA
- Parkway Trails Shopping Center; Clovis, California: 100,000 GLA
- Parkwood Plaza, Fresno 70,000 GLA
- Houston & Ben Maddox, Visalia
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Fig Garden Racquet Club
- Huntington Lake Boat Club
- Richmond Yacht Club
Mr. Smith attended California State University, Fresno, where he studied business administration.