Tyler Alderman, MAI, CPA, CCIM, joined Newmark Valuation & Advisory in 2018 as a senior vice president in the Salt Lake City office. Mr. Alderman brings to his position 14 years of valuation and consulting experience. He has completed assignments for a broad range of property types, including retail centers, industrial facilities, office buildings, resorts and hotels, residential subdivisions, automobile dealerships and special use properties. Mr. Alderman’s real estate experience also encompasses mortgage lending, real estate development, leasing and property management.
Prior to Newmark, Mr. Alderman worked for more than 13 years within Cushman & Wakefield’s Valuation & Advisory group, most recently as a senior director in the Salt Lake City office. As a member of the Property Tax Specialty Practice Group, he completed assignments related to mortgage lending, corporate advisory, disposition, acquisition, tax appeal purposes and litigation. Before embarking on his career in valuation & advisory, Mr. Alderman worked as a controller for several commercial real estate developers in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Mr. Alderman is a member of the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR). He is also an active member of the Appraisal Institute’s Utah chapter and has served in a number of positions within the organization, including:
- Alternate Regional Representative, 2018
- Government Relations Chair, 2018
- Member, Government Relations Committee, 2017
- Member, Candidate Guidance Committee, 2015 - 2017
- Admissions Chair - General, 2012
Licenses and Designations
- MAI designation, Appraisal Institute
- CCIM designation, Commercial Investment Real Estate Institute
- Certified general real estate appraiser, states of Idaho, Nevada, Utah and Wyoming
- Certified public accountant, state of California
Mr. Alderman earned a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of California, Davis. More recently, Mr. Alderman has completed the requirements of the Appraisal Institute’s continuing education program.