Tony Roberts joined Newmark Knight Frank Valuation & Advisory in 2018 and currently serves as a senior managing director and market leader for Michigan. Mr. Roberts is responsible for business development, aggressively recruiting top appraisal professionals, continuing to provide outstanding service to clients and overseeing NKF’s team of appraisers in Michigan. He is also involved with the preparation and review of appraisal reports on a diverse spectrum of property types.
Mr. Roberts’ experience encompasses a wide variety of existing and proposed commercial properties, including industrial, office, retail, multi-family, MHPs/MHCs, funeral homes, seniors living facilities, low income housing tax credit properties, churches, schools, vacant land and mixed-use developments. He specializes in office, industrial, self storage and student housing properties. His appraisal and consulting experience includes report preparation for financing, estate planning, collateral monitoring, acquisition and disposition and tax assessment appeal.
Mr. Roberts joined NKF after more than 10 years with CBRE in the Michigan region. He began at CBRE in 2008 as an associate in the Capital Markets Group before transitioning into the Valuation and Advisory Services Group.
Notable Appraisal Assignments
- Suburban office complex, 1 million SF
- Detroit office complex with vacant redevelopment land, 750,000 SF
- Historic Detroit office tower with parking garage and surface lots
- 24-property self storage portfolio
- Bank branch portfolio
- 20-property student housing portfolio (scattered sites), Ann Arbor
- Proposed high-end student housing, Ann Arbor CBD
- Proposed luxury age-restricted residential community
Licenses and Designations
- Certified general real estate appraiser, state of Michigan
- Candidate for MAI designation, Appraisal Institute
Mr. Roberts earned a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in finance from Eastern Michigan University. More recently, he successfully completed numerous real estate and valuation courses sponsored by the Appraisal Institute.