Executive Managing Director Tom Adelson is a notable tenant representation specialist in Newmark Knight Frank’s Phoenix office, widely recognized as a trusted real estate advisor to many of the most acclaimed professional services firms and industry corporations in the metro Phoenix market and nationally. Throughout his career, Tom has successfully represented hundreds of lease transactions totaling more than 30 million square feet of space.
A 37-year veteran of commercial real estate, Tom offers a multi-faceted approach to real estate transactions that combine his clients’ unique space, location and image needs with an in-depth understanding of the market to identify spaces that support business objectives and complement company cultures. Tom is a talented tenant advocate, skilled at securing superior transaction terms for his clients and advising them on their real estate strategies. He is a respected partner to his clients and an esteemed mentor and leader at NKF.
- Represented the $38 million sale of Scottsdale Entrada between the seller, SunChase Holdings, and the buyer, Banyan Residential, of a 30-acre site for opportunity zone redevelopment. This site will be one of the largest mix-use developments in Scottsdale.
- Represented Carvana with its 350,000 RSF expansion lease transaction in Tempe, Arizona. This was the largest recorded lease transaction in the metro Phoenix market for 2019.
- Negotiated 300-acre ground lease for American Airlines’ new corporate headquarters at Dallas Fort Worth International Airport. The 1.8 million SF, five-building project will house up to 11,000 employees upon completion. Tom was leader of the brokerage team that also assisted with the city incentive package and selection of an architect and developer.
- Performed a labor analysis, high tax incentive and abatement package for the relocation of Carlisle Companies, Inc.’s corporate headquarters, which resulted in a 45,000 SF lease in Scottsdale.
- Represented Harkins Movie Theaters with its ground lease acquisition of 16 acres of land for its corporate headquarters on the Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community.
- Consolidated several DriveTime locations and negotiated a 69,000 SF building lease and acquisition headquarters relocation in Tempe, Arizona.
- Negotiated BMO Harris Bank’s 20,000 SF regional headquarters and worked with the city of Phoenix and the building owner, McCarthy Cook, to solidify building naming rights and prominent top-of-the-building signage in Phoenix.
- Negotiated more than 40 transactions and successfully restructured entire real estate portfolio, which includes a built-to-suit corporate headquarters, offices and fire stations for rural metro.
- Provided workplace strategy and lease negotiation for Greenberg Traurig with its 85,000 SF office in Phoenix.
Other Notable Clients
|AAA||Lewis & Roca|
|Alliance Residential||Meritage Homes|
|Arizona Blue Stake, Inc.||Mobile Mini|
|AT&T||Mutual of Omaha|
|AV Homes||Nestle Purina|
|Beazer Homes||Northern Trust|
|Cold Stone Creamery||Progress Residential|
- NAIOP Office Broker of the Year, 20 out of the past 26 years
- Colbert Coldwell Circle Member (ranked in top 3% of CBRE professionals worldwide) for the past two decades