A vice chairman in Newmark Knight Frank’s Denver office, Tim Harrington has experience in all areas of commercial real estate transactions, including valuation, property and investment management, client account management, property optimization, consulting, and tenant representation from site selection to move-in. Mr. Harrington is also experienced in new development projects, including transit-oriented development. He is the team lead for Denver’s premier Global Corporate Services team, which represents clients across various industries, including legal, financial services and data center/telecommunications. Throughout his career, he has negotiated more than 150 million square feet of office, retail and industrial leases and land sales with an aggregate value exceeding $4.5 billion.
Mr. Harrington has earned a strong reputation for his client-focused approach of presenting optimal, customized, strategic real estate solutions. He provides in-depth market knowledge and understanding obtained through decades of corporate services advisory leadership and focuses on maximizing the value from property expenditures by matching his clients’ occupancy challenges with solutions integrating their business objectives. Mr. Harrington has demonstrated expertise in handling complex transactions, relative to various market cycles that may affect his clientele.
Prior to joining Newmark Knight Frank, Mr. Harrington was a senior leader in the Grubb & Ellis’ Tenant Advisory Group, responsible for securing, transitioning and managing multiple Global Corporate Services contracts. During his tenure, he qualified for the company’s Circle of Excellence 14 times, ranked as the Number One Broker nationwide in 2001 and was top broker by volume for the Denver office from 1994 to 2011. He was also the top producer in the history of Grubb & Ellis.
Mr. Harrington’s achievements have earned him the respect of his peers throughout the real estate industry. He was recognized in the 2013 Denver Business Journal as the Heavy Hitters’ top-producing office broker in Denver and in the 2011 Denver Business Journal Power Book as one of the Top 10 Newsmakers in Commercial Real Estate. Also, he was selected from thousands of brokers nationwide to receive the Hal Ellis Award in recognition of his professional excellence, leadership and high ethical standards.
Partial Client List
- Stapleton Redevelopment (Office) - 1 million SF
- Stapleton Redevelopment (Land) - 250 acres
- Broadway Park - 950,000 SF
- Village Center Station - 910,000 SF
- 41 Brighton Boulevard - 600,000 SF
- Dairy Block - 223,000 SF
- Top Ten Producer, Newmark Knight Frank Denver, 2012-2019
- Office Broker of the Year, DMCAR Heavy Hitters award, 2012, 2015
- Office Broker of the Year, NAIOP, 2015
- Number One, Top Ten Producer, Newmark Knight Frank Denver, 2013
- Top 10 Newsmaker in Commercial Real Estate, Denver Business Journal Power Book, 2011
- Top Ten Broker Nationwide, Grubb & Ellis, 2000 - 2007, 2010 and 2011
- Colorado’s 25 Most Powerful Salespeople, ColoradoBiz Magazine, 2009
- Transaction of the Year Award (EPA), Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR), 2005
- Office Broker of the Year, DMCAR Heavy Hitters award, 2004
- Transaction of the Year Award, SIOR, 2004
- Commercial Property News Hot Brokers List, 1997
- Number One Broker Nationwide, Grubb & Ellis, 2001
- Office Real Estate Professional of the Year, NAIOP, 1992
- Rookie of the Year, Grubb & Ellis, 1985
- Member, NAIOP
- Member, Denver Metro Commercial Association Brokers® (DMCAB)
- University of Colorado Real Estate Council
- Board member, US Bank Colorado Region
- President, Wine & Food Colorado
- Past president and executive board member, Metro Denver Executive Club
- Member, Cooking Club
A fourth-generation native Coloradoan, Mr. Harrington is a graduate of the University of Colorado Boulder.