Thomas Bartnett has 31 years of experience in construction and project management, aerospace quality and supply chains and in all phases of commercial property improvements. At Newmark Grubb Knight Frank, he works closely with clients that include Fortune 500 companies, institutional investors, large owner occupied and small business operators, he brings extensive knowledge and proactive experience to ensure the successful implementation of client objectives. Mr. Bartnett’s varied experience and hands-on management style place him in a unique position to add value to each assignment by ensuring all tasks and milestones are carefully managed throughout the project lifecycle.
Prior to joining NKF, Mr. Bartnett was a principal partner/owner of a firm that developed and delivered turnkey GSA/federal government offices from land acquisition, build-to-suit, move management, lease administration and property management functions.
PARTIAL LIST OF PROJECT MANAGEMENT ASSIGNMENTS:
- University California, Berkeley, 880,000 SF portfolio. Oversight or direct management of all contracts and construction. Completed approximately $1.7 million in funded capital expenditure projects. Installed and encapsulated highly insulated single-ply roof system for historical museum inventory and general tenant warehousing, asphalt and concrete parking upgrades, and turnkey installation cooling tower and boiler upgrade. In process of developing final scope and budgets for BAS upgrades at two facilities and design build HVAC upgrades for tenant medical office suites. All completed projects were delivered under budget and on-schedule.
- Zurich Asset Management, West Region, 700,000 SF portfolio. Oversight or direct management of all contracts and construction. Completed or in process of completing more than $1.0 million in funded projects. Delivered turnkey 12,000 SF TIs and fire-rated corridor extension to landlord and provided landlord oversight on 20,000 SF tenant allowance. In process of four-floor ADA restroom and path of travel upgrades and renovations. All completed projects were delivered under budget and on schedule.
- SEIU Local 721, Los Angeles and Riverside, California, 180,000 SF
- Spec Suites, 801 Figueroa, Los Angeles, CA, 20,000 SF
- Bank of Mitsubishi/Union Bank, 777 Figueroa, Los Angeles, CA, 15,000 SF
- Littler Law Offices, Century Plaza West, Century City, CA, 12,000 SF
PARTIAL CLIENT LIST:
- Actors Equity LA Headquarters
- Bank of America
- BMW North Americas
- National Bank of Arizona
- SEIU Local 721
- Solec International (acquired by Sanyo)
- United Health Care
- University California Berkeley
- Zurich Asset Management
- LEED certified, U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC)
- Six Sigma certification, International Association for Six Sigma Certification
- Habitat for Humanity
Mr. Bartnett studied purchasing and contracts management at UCLA Extension. He also attended Mt. San Antonio College, where he studied architecture and fire technology.