Tanner Ray joined Newmark Valuation & Advisory in 2017 as an appraiser in the Northwest Arkansas office. Mr. Ray brings to his position 12 years of experience valuing both commercial and residential properties, with a focus on residential subdivision development. His experience also extends to other properties, including suburban office developments, retail centers and apartment complexes.
Prior to Newmark, Mr. Ray worked for six years in the Northwest Arkansas office of CBRE. As an appraiser in the Valuation & Advisory Group’s Northwest Arkansas Office in the South Central Region, his primary geographical focus was Arkansas and eastern Oklahoma.
Prior to CBRE, Mr. Ray worked four years as a residential appraiser with Cowden Appraisal & Consulting firm, a regional appraisal services company based in Fayetteville, Arkansas.
Licenses and Designations
- Candidate for Designation, Appraisal Institute
- Certified general real estate appraiser, states of Arkansas and Oklahoma
Mr. Ray attended the University of Arkansas, where he earned a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree in finance with an emphasis in real estate.
Additionally, Mr. Ray has completed the following Appraisal Institute courses:
- General Appraiser Site Valuation & Cost Approach
- General Appraiser Sales Comparison Approach
- General Appraiser Income Approach/Part 1
- General Appraiser Income Approach/Part 2
- General Appraiser Market Analysis and Highest & Best Use
- General Appraiser Report Writing and Case Studies
- Subdivision Valuation
- Advanced Income Capitalization