Sun Kook Kim joined Newmark in 2018 as a managing director in the firm’s Rutherford, New Jersey, office, where he works with international companies. Mr. Kim has a wealth of business, legal and real estate-related experience spanning the last 25 years. He was recently appointed the legal and international investment advisor to the New Jersey Korean American Chamber of Commerce.
Mr. Kim is also the founder and managing partner of NTP, one of the top international legal advisory firms in Moscow.
Partial Client List
|Consul Group||LOTTE RUS (Managing Company of LOTTE PLAZA trading center and LOTTE HOTEL), LOTTE Shopping Rus|
|DAEWOO Corporation||LS Networks|
|DAEWOO Electronics||Moscow Metro Corporation|
|Embassy of South Korea (Moscow)||Petroski Passazh|
|Government of Moscow City||Post of Russia|
|International Aviation and Space Salon (MAKS)||Reebok|
|Korea Development Bank (KDB)||Rosoboronexport|
|Korea Institute for international Economic Policy (KIEF)||Samsung Electronics|
|Korea Trade-Investment Promotion Agency (KOTRA)||SsangYong Engineering and Construction|
|Korean Broadcasting System (KBS)||State Tretyakov Gallery|
|LG Electronics||Woori Bank, K-SURE (Korean Trade Insurance Corporation)|
|LG International||Zurich Financial |
- Honorary chief arbitrator, Korean Commercial Arbitration Court of Russia, 2007-2014
- Korea committee chairman, Russian Construction Association, 2006-2014
- Commercial arbitration court judge, Moscow Chamber of Commerce, 2005-2014
- Chief vice chairman, Korea Economic Corporation, Moscow Chamber of Commerce, 2004-2014
- Member and chief administrator, Eastern Central Asia Local Council, National Unification Advisory Council, 2003-2012
- President, Korean Association in Moscow, 2001-2002
Mr. Kim has a Juris Doctor degree and a master’s degree in law from Moscow State University (Moscow, Russian Federation). He earned a bachelor’s degree in law from Dankook University’s Department of Law (Seoul, South Korea).