Stuart Harwood joined Newmark Knight Frank as an intern at the New York office in 2010 and became a full-time sales professional in 2012. The following year, he joined the company’s Industrial Services division, and since then, he has focused on providing a full array of advisory services to clients throughout Northern New Jersey and its surrounding areas.
Mr. Harwood’s expertise extends to mixed-use projects, as exemplified by his work on the 3 million-square-foot Harbor Point development in Stamford, Connecticut. The assignment provided Mr. Harwood with a deeper understanding of how to manage large agency projects and negotiate state incentives. He and his team succeeded in obtaining unparalleled state incentives packages for their client’s potential tenants.
Outside of NKF, Mr. Harwood plays an active role in the ownership and management of multiple mixed-use, commercial and parking investment properties through his family’s four-generation-old business based in Jersey City, New Jersey.
As a tenant representative:
- Southern Wine & Spirits: 282,400 SF in Linden, NJ
- UNFI/ Woodstock Farms: 177,861 SF in Edison, NJ
- DG3 headquarters and procurement center: 167,000 SF in Jersey City, NJ
- L&R Distributors, Inc.: 130,102 SF in Monroe, NJ
- DG3: 50,876 SF in Secaucus, NJ
- LVMH Watch & Jewelry USA Inc.: 59,884 SF in Springfield, NJ
- Harbor Point, Stamford, CT: 3 million SF mixed-use development for Building & Land Technology
- Industrial Park, Hackettstown, NJ: 220,000 SF for The Hampshire Companies
- Hoboken, NJ: 120,580 SF for The Mandelbaum Family
- Wellmont Theater, Montclair, NJ: disposition of historic property for The Rosen Group
- Licensed New Jersey real estate broker
- Member, Lehigh University Young Alumni Council
- Member, The Montclair Kimberley Academy Future Forward Committee
Mr. Harwood graduated from Lehigh University with a Bachelor of Science. He majored in business and economics with a minor in real estate studies from Lehigh’s Goodman Center.