Steve Tolkach, CCIM, SIOR, joined Newmark Knight Frank in 2007 in the Princeton, New Jersey, office and now resides in the East Brunswick, New Jersey office. Throughout his 31-year career, Mr. Tolkach has focused on corporate users and property owners throughout the greater Princeton/Central New Jersey market area, and he continues to represent some of the Princeton area’s most prominent companies in complex real estate transactions, including office and industrial/flex leasing, laboratory facilities, property/investment sales, land sales and sale/leaseback transactions. Mr. Tolkach has also been an advisor to several prominent institutional property owners with whom he has been an equity partner.
Prior to joining NGKF, Mr. Tolkach had been a partner with Buschman Partners and its affiliate firms in the Princeton market area since graduating from college in 1987. Mr. Tolkach has completed transactions totaling approximately 20 million square feet with an aggregate value in excess of $2.5 billion.
Mr. Tolkach has represented Cenlar, Congoleum Corporation, Educational Testing Service, The Hibbert Group, Horizon NJ Health, JDS Uniphase, New Jersey Education Association, Novo Nordisk, Inc. and Prince Sports, among other Fortune 1000 companies and local companies and organizations. He has also developed expertise in large property, adaptive re-use/redevelopment projects throughout Central New Jersey.
PARTIAL LIST OF TENANT CLIENTS:
- Novo Nordisk Inc. - multiple transactions, 1.4 million SF
- The Hibbert Group, NJ/DE - multiple transactions, 1 million SF
- Educational Testing Service - multiple transactions, 530,000 SF
- CENLAR - multiple transactions, 500,000 SF
- Horizon NJ Health - multiple transactions, 160,000 SF
PARTIAL LIST OF LANDLORD/INVESTMENT SALES CLIENTS:
- Boston Properties
- BPG Properties
- First Industrial Realty Trust
- JFR Global
- Lubert Adler
- Normandy Real Estate Partners
- Praedium Group
- Vision Equities
ADAPTIVE RE-USE/REDEVELOPMENT PROJECTS:
- Sale of the 460,000 SF, 50-acre Ocean Spray property in Bordentown, NJ, for conversion to multi-tenant industrial and retail space and multihousing residential space
- Sale of 14 acres for corporate client, ETS, including a re-zoning to residential use for the 192-unit “The Madison”
- Sale of 11 acres for corporate client, CENLAR, including a re-zoning to residential use for the 132-unit “The Jefferson”
- Sale of 1800 East State Street and redevelopment into the 220,000 SF Studio Park, greater Princeton’s most unique mixed-use office/flex/showroom/studio complex
- Sale of ABB’s North Brunswick corporate campus and redevelopment into Brunswick Business Campus, a 177,000 SF, multi-tenant, mixed-use, office/flex/educational complex
- Lease of the largest office building repositioning in the history of the Princeton market with the $210 million redevelopment of 800 Scudders Mill Road, 731,000 SF in Princeton Forrestal Center, which was leased in its entirety to Novo Nordisk Inc.
- Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR), 1998 - present
- Industrial and Office Realtors Association of NY/NJ (IOREBA), 1997 - present
- Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM), 1996 - present
Mr. Tolkach earned a Bachelor of Science degree from West Chester University.