Steve Shepherd, SIOR, is a managing director in Newmark’s Minneapolis-St. Paul office. A veteran office landlord representative with over 14 years of suburban brokerage experience, Mr. Shepherd teams with associate directors Matt Elder and Teresa Lingg to provide strategic landlord representation services to clients throughout the Twin Cities area. Mr. Shepherd joined Newmark in 2017 from Colliers International, where he was a vice president in the office brokerage division.
Respected within the Twin Cities real estate industry for his marketing experience, creative solutions and strong negotiating skills, Mr. Shepherd is known for providing optimal outcomes for building owners throughout the Suburban Minneapolis market. He has successfully completed hundreds of transactions for clients, including Boyd Watterson, CSM Corporation, Mortenson Development, Nash Finch, Onward Investors, OPUS, Piedmont Office Realty Trust, Rialto Capital, Ryan Companies and Swervo Development.
An industry leader, Mr. Shepherd has been recognized on multiple occasions for his high level of professional conduct, significant production levels and outstanding contributions to the profession. Mr. Shepherd also volunteers for a variety of business, civic and community organizations, including the St. Louis Park Cub Scouts, St. Louis Park Little League and Loaves and Fishes. A longtime board member of the Minnesota Commercial Association of Realtors, he served as the MNCAR president in 2017.
- Top 100 National Office Transaction Award, SIOR, 2015 and 2017
- Paul Harris Fellow Service Award, St. Louis Park Noon Rotary Club, 2011
- Rising Star of the Year, Minnesota Commercial Association of Realtors (MNCAR), 2009
- CoStar Power Broker, 2008
- Welsh Rookie of the Year, 2006
- Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR)
- Board of directors, president, Minnesota Commercial Association of Realtors (MNCAR), 2017
- St. Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
- St. Louis Park Cub Scouts
- St. Louis Park Little League
Mr. Shepherd earned his Master of Business Administration degree from the University of Minnesota’s Carlson School of Management and his bachelor’s degree from the University of Wisconsin.