Steve Levitas joined Newmark in 2016 as a vice chairman in the firm’s Chicago office, where he focuses on all aspects of real estate advisory work for his clients including corporate services, tenant representation, workplace strategy development and implementation, site selection, property disposition and acquisition, financial analysis and modeling, deal negotiation and construction project management. He also has particular expertise in build-to-suit office, industrial and data center facilities.
Mr. Levitas brings to Newmark more than 19 years of real estate advisory experience. He most recently was a principal at Colliers International, where he specialized in advising commercial users of real estate on the acquisition and disposition of leased and owned real estate. Prior to Colliers, Mr. Levitas began his real estate career with The John Buck Company’s Strategic Advisory Group, where he developed an extensive understanding of developer pro forma construction and financing models, which he uses as a benefit in executing real estate transactions on behalf of his clients.
- First Midwest Bank
- Jenner & Block
- McDermott Will & Emery
- Nuveen Investments
- Schiff Hardin
- Tysons Foods/Hillshire Brands (formerly Sara Lee)
- U.S. Cellular
- Innovative Deal of the Year and Redevelopment of the Year, Chicago Commercial Real Estate Awards, 2013
- Downtown Office Broker Transaction of the Year, NAIOP, 2012
- Top 10% Producer, Colliers International, 2011
- Officer Broker Transaction of the Year, NAIOP, 2005
- Member of the Central Division board of directors, Junior Achievement of Chicago
- Member, COLBA (Chicago Office Leasing Brokers Association)
- Member, CoreNet Global Chicago Chapter
Mr. Levitas is a licensed real estate broker in the state of Illinois. He also holds a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Colorado Boulder.