As senior managing director, Central Region, Stephen Cosby, MAI, MRICS, oversees Newmark’s Valuation & Advisory services for the acquisition, disposition and financing of investment grade real estate in the central part of the United States. Mr. Cosby’s clients include private investors, institutional investors, trusts, fiduciaries, development companies and government agencies, among others.
As director of quality control, Mr. Cosby is responsible for ensuring the excellence of Newmark’s appraisal services, including co-oversight of appraisal report templates and systems. Mr. Cosby has a central role in developing and promulgating Newmark’s appraisal services platform to all of its appraisers and offices across the United States.
Mr. Cosby has valued and consulted on real estate matters for over 36 years. From 2006 to 2017, he was an executive vice president and managing director for CBRE Valuation & Advisory Services, responsible for overseeing a portion of that company’s South Central Region.
Mr. Cosby’s expertise extends over numerous property types:
- Hospitality (hotel, golf course, sports facility)
- Healthcare (hospital, MOB, ILF, ALF, CCRC, SNF, ASC)
- Industrial (warehouse, self-storage, business parks)
- Office (condominium, low-, mid- and high-rise, government)
- Retail (strip, neighborhood, big box, net lease, going concern)
- Apartment (garden, mid/high rise, proposed, invest grade, LIHTC)
- Litigation (tax appeal, acquisitions, condemnation, right-of-way)
- Special purpose (landfill, quarry, religious)
- MAI designation, Appraisal Institute
- Approved Instructor, Appraisal Institute
- Member, Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS)
- Certified general real estate appraiser, states of Arkansas, Kansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Texas and Tennessee
Mr. Cosby earned a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree in finance from the University of Arkansas. He has also successfully completed and taught numerous real estate courses and seminars sponsored by the Appraisal Institute and other providers.