Sid Smith has been active in Philadelphia Real Estate Brokerage for over 41 years. He was the founding partner of Smith Mack & Co., Inc., which he sold to Newmark in 2012.
Mr. Smith is experienced in every facet of the commercial real estate business. He has represented countless firms in solving their real estate needs whether that be negotiating a lease for a tenant, selling a building for an owner/user, acquiring entire city blocks for a developer to build a Class A high-rise or acquiring ground to build a hospital. Mr. Smith’s breadth of experience has also led to many consulting assignments to help large organizations maximize the value of their real estate assets. He is one of the key “Market Makers” in Philadelphia’s Commercial Real Estate industry and was recently recognized by CoStar as one of the nation’s “Power Brokers”.
TENANT REPRESENTATION CLIENTS
- Albert Einstein Healthcare Network
- Aon Corporation
- Attalus Capital Management
- Beneficial Savings Bank
- Boston Consulting Group
- Boenning & Scattergood
- Children’s Aid Society of PA
- Children’s Service, Inc.
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- EMD Performance Materials Corp.
- Equal Measure
- F.A. Davis
- First American Title Insurance Company
- Foundation for Individual Rights in Education, Inc. (“FIRE”)
- Gift of Life Donor Program
- Grosvenor Investment Management
- Hirtle Callaghan & Co.
- Kieran Timberlake Associates
- Lubert / Adler
- Medical Broadcasting Corporation
- Outpatient Imaging Associates
- Pew Charitable Trusts
- Philadelphia Hand Center
- Philadelphia Technology Parks
- Philadelphia Youth Network
- PNC Bank N.A.
- Prudential Securities
- Resolute Management Inc. (a division of Berkshire Hathaway)
- The Investment Fund for Foundations (“TIFF”)
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Inc.
- University of Pennsylvania
Mr. Smith has represented some of the region’s largest institutional clients in land acquisitions. He assembled Bell Atlantic Properties (“BAP”) in 1986, on BAP’s behalf, the land on which BAP constructed the 1,025,000 SF Bell Atlantic Tower. BAP then engaged Sid to acquire the entire city block across from the Tower, for future considerations. These transactions totaled over $70,000,000 in land sales. Mr. Smith also represented Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Bay Colony Property Company and Valhal Corporation in various land assemblies. More recently, he represented the Albert Einstein HealthCare Network in the acquisition of a land site for the construction of Einstein Medical Center Montgomery in East Norriton, PA.
CONSULTING & STRATEGIC PLANNING
Amtrak, Verizon, Sun Company, Bell Atlantic Properties, Bay Colony Property Company, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital and Albert Einstein Health Care Network have all engaged Mr. Smith to perform in various consulting capacities. When the Sun Company acquired Atlantic Refining, he analyzed the various leaseholds and equity properties to advise Sun on which facilities were redundant and the cost and procedure of disposition. Post-acquisition, Mr. Smith was engaged to dispose of the redundant properties.
The sum of all this experience is a comprehensive knowledge of the many facets of commercial real estate within an individual who has been the catalyst in hundreds of millions of dollars’ worth of transactions throughout the Delaware Valley.
- Communities In Schools (Board Member)
- Congreso de Latinos Unidos, Inc. (Board Member)
- Philadelphia Club (Board Member)
- Fox School of Business, Temple University, Real Estate Advisory Board Member
- National Association of Corporate Real Estate Executives (NACORE)
- Urban Land Institute
- Guest Lecturer at Wharton School of Business, University of PA
- Guest Lecturer at Temple University School of Architecture
1978 - BA - University of Pennsylvania