Sherry L. Watkins, MAI, FRICS, ASA, is an executive vice president with Newmark Knight Frank’s Valuation & Advisory in Atlanta. Actively engaged in real estate valuation and consulting since the late 1980s, Ms. Watkins specializes in multifamily properties including market rent properties, affordable housing and valuations for Fannie Mae’s Multifamily Delegated Underwriting and Servicing (DUS®) lenders, Freddie Mac and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. Ms. Watkins also holds HUD’s Multifamily Accelerated Processing (MAP) certification.
Ms. Watkins joined Newmark Knight Frank in 2017, when the company acquired six Integra Realty Resources offices. As senior managing director and principal of IRR’s Atlanta office, Ms. Watkins managed a staff of 10 analysts. She oversaw their valuation, market analysis and consulting engagements for property types involving multifamily, office, retail, industrial, manufacturing, land, subdivisions and special-use properties. Clients included corporations, pension fund advisors, banks and financial institutions, developers and investors, law firms, government, life insurance companies and individuals. Ms. Watkins also performed valuations of hotels, car washes, gas stations and other going concerns.
Prior to her tenure at IRR, which began in 2007, Mr. Watkins served as a managing director at PGP Valuation Inc. (now Colliers International Valuation & Advisory Services) and as associate director at Cushman & Wakefield. She previously served as a senior appraiser with C. Spencer Powell/RSP Associates and the Oregon Department of Revenue.
- Appraisal Institute, Atlanta Chapter
Vice president, 2018
Member of the board of directors
Attendee, Leadership Development and Advisory
Council (LDAC), Years 1, 2, and 3
Former general admissions chairman
Former regional representative
- Member, American Society of Appraisers (ASA)
- Member, Commercial Real Estate Women Network (CREW)
- Certified General Real Estate Appraiser, states of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee
- Qualified expert witness, U.S Federal Bankruptcy Court and superior courts in Bibb, Cobb, DeKalb, Fulton, Gwinnett, Douglas, Dawson, Henry and Pickens counties in Georgia
- Hearing officer for the Georgia Department of Revenue
- Featured Women of Influence 2010, Real Estate Forum, July/August 2010
- MAI designation, Appraisal Institute
- Fellow, Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (FRICS)
- Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA), American Society of Appraisers
Ms. Watkins earned a Bachelor of Science degree in business administration at Georgia State University. Additionally, she is currently certified by the Appraisal Institute’s voluntary program of continuing education for its designated members.