Scott Allen, MAI, joined Newmark Valuation & Advisory in 2019 as executive vice president of the Buffalo office. A 33-year industry veteran, Mr. Allen has prepared valuations and market analyses across a broad range of property types that includes residential housing, low-income housing projects, apartments, student apartments, historic preservation projects, senior housing projects, commercial property and vacant land.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Allen has focused on producing quality market analyses and appraisal work in a timely manner for mortgage lenders, corporations, non-profits, tax credit syndicators, private developers/investors, and government entities including HUD, Rural Development and Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac.
Mr. Allen began his career as a certified general appraiser and currently focuses his work efforts on market analysis and appraisal work related to multifamily and residential housing. Prior to joining Newmark, Mr. Allen was principal and partner of GAR Associates, a commercial real estate and advisory firm established in 1961.
- Board of directors, National Housing & Rehabilitation Association (NH & RA)
- Member, National Council of Housing Market Analysts (NCHMA)
- Member, Eastern & Western Lenders Association (HUD Lenders)
- Member, New York State Association For Affordable Housing (NYSAFAH)
Licenses and Designations
- Designated member, Appraisal Institute (MAI)
- Certified general real property appraiser, states of Arizona, Connecticut, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, South Carolina and Vermont; commonwealths of Massachusetts, Pennsylvania and Virginia
- Approved market analyst by New York State Homes and Community Renewal (HCR) Arizona Department of Housing (ADOH)
- HUD MAP appraisal and market analysis
Mr. Allen earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in materials and logistics management from Michigan State University’s College of Business in 1986. Mr. Allen is currently certified by the Appraisal Institute’s voluntary program of continuing education for its designated members, and has been an approved instructor for the HUD MAP Underwriting Training Program since 2013.