Ross Sanders joined Newmark Knight Frank in 2019 and currently serves as managing director of the company’s Seniors Housing & Care platform. In this role, Mr. Sanders is responsible for seniors housing-related investment advisory throughout the United States. With more than 11 years of commercial real estate experience, particularly in seniors housing, skilled nursing and behavioral health, Mr. Sanders has completed transactions valued in excess of $3 billion throughout the country.
Mr. Sanders joined Newmark Knight Frank after serving as senior director with HFF’s National Healthcare Group, where he focused on seniors housing and skilled nursing assets. Prior to HFF, Mr. Sanders focused on investment sales as one of three partners in CBRE’s National Senior Housing Group. Earlier in his career, he served as vice president for New York-based American Realty Capital, a prolific non-traded REIT. While there, he led the seniors housing and skilled acquisitions team, deploying more than $2.2 billion in the sector across three separate funds. Mr. Sanders began his career in the space at Senior Living Investment Brokerage headquartered in Chicago, Illinois.
Partial List of Recent Sale Transactions
- Aegis Portfolio, recapitalization and financing
- Benton House Portfolio, recapitalization
- Fountains of Franklin, sale
- Laverna Village Portfolio, sale
- Silver Creek on Main, sale
- The Welstone, sale
- Unhooked at the Heights, re-tenanting
- Executive board member, American Seniors Housing Association (ASHA)
- Member, National Investment Center for Seniors Housing & Care (NIC)
Mr. Sanders earned a Bachelor of Business Administration degree from the University of Kansas.