CA RE License #00949437
Ron Bement joined Newmark in 2016 as a senior managing director. A 27-year industry veteran, Mr. Bement offers extensive experience in the sale and leasing of industrial properties in east and south San Diego County. He aims to expand the firm’s San Diego industrial division, work with Newmark to pursue additional institutional clients and collaborate with the Newmark’s Inland Empire industrial and logistics specialists to better serve growing clients.
Mr. Bement previously served as a director at Cushman and Wakefield and has completed more than $500 million in transaction volume over his career. He specializes in analyzing a company’s organizational and financial objectives and crafting strategic occupancy plans to meet the needs of corporate clients. Some of his clients have included AT&T, Bentall Kennedy, Buck Knives, HD Supply and Westcore Properties.
- Director, Cushman & Wakefield, 2012 - 2016
- Vice president, CBRE, 1995 - 2012
- Associate, John Burnham & Co., 1990 - 1995
- Represented Bentall Kennedy in successfully leasing 650,000 SF in Mission Trails Industrial Park
- Represented Ryan Companies, USA, in the sale of a 10-acre lot sold to Karl Strauss for a 100,000 SF built-to-suit headquarters, distribution and microbrewery
- Assisted SEQUA in sale of the following: 80,000 SF manufacturing facility in Gardena, CA; 80,000 SF facility in El Cajon, CA, and the leasing of the following: 50,000 SF facility in Houston, TX; and 10,000 SF corporate headquarters in Palm Beach, CA
- Represented Buck Knives in the sale of its 165,000 SF manufacturing facility in El Cajon
- Sold a 108,000 SF facility in Otay Mesa to Westcore and then assisted Westcore in reaching 100% occupancy
- Represented Hartford Insurance in the leasing of a 77,000 SF built-to-suit facility in Santee, CA
- Represented Eagle Burgmann in a 75,000 SF built-to-suit manufacturing facility in Lakeside
- Represented HD Supply in renewing its 58,000 SF lease in Central San Diego
- Represented San Diego Christian College in the purchase of its 54,000 SF new campus in Santee
- CoStar Broker of the Year, 2012
- Leasing Broker of the Year, CBRE Asset Group, 2010
Mr. Bement attended San Diego State University and Grossmont College.