Roger Land joined Newmark Valuation & Advisory in 2020 as an executive vice president in the Austin office. Roger most recently served as a managing director and principal of Hopkins Appraisal Services.
Roger brings to his position nearly 30 years of experience, particularly in valuation and portfolio analyses of investment-grade real estate, prominent franchised retail concepts and retail petroleum properties. Roger’s current concentration is in restaurants and retail petroleum facilities, which includes convenience stores, truck stops, quick lubes and car washes. Other areas include single tenant retail, shopping centers and other commercial properties.
Relevant experience includes:
- Participation in the valuation (business and real estate) of thousands of franchised restaurants and retail petroleum/convenience store units over the past 25 years for various lenders, franchisors and oil companies.
- Purchase Price Allocation - multiple restaurant concepts, retail petroleum and car wash operators.
- Appraisals of all commercial property types, including office, multifamily, large mixed-use developments, regional malls, strip shopping centers, residential subdivisions and industrial facilities.
- Estate and tax planning valuation engagements.
- Audit assistance appraisal review.
- Litigation support, mortgage/equity and loan portfolio analysis, underwriting and asset management assistance.
Prior to Hopkins Appraisal Services, Roger was senior manager, Structured Finance Practice/Financial Advisory Services of Deloitte & Touche LLP from August 1997 to July 2001. Mr. Land was also a manager, real estate valuation/advisory services at Price Waterhouse LLP from May 1991 to July 1997.
Licenses and Designations
- MAI designation, Appraisal Institute
- Certified general real estate appraiser, Commonwealth of Virginia and states of Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, North Carolina, Maryland, Michigan, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas
Roger attended Texas A & M University, where he earned a Master of Agriculture degree in land economics and real estate and a Bachelor of Science degree in economics with a minor in finance.