Robert is a senior director of real estate for Retail Occupier Services, a specialty practice within Newmark’s Global Corporate Services, and as such is responsible for managing rollouts and asset management assignments, as well as assisting in business development. Among other services provided to retailers, Retail Occupiers Services:
- Manages retail portfolios ranging from several hundred to several thousand locations
- Opens more than 1 million square feet of new retail stores annually,
- Administers thousands of leases, including full rent/bill pay and CAM audits
- Executes more than 1,000 lease renewals annually
- Delivers store relocation and disposition services
- Coordinates more than $30 million in project management annually
- Coordinates and implements integrated database, workflow management, lease administration and GIS IT solutions
Mr. Pinon is an entrepreneur and senior retail real estate professional with more than nine years of retail real estate field and national corporate management experience. As an employee and consultant, he has been an integral team member on several retail rollout initiatives. Over the course of his career, Mr. Pinon has gained broad knowledge and experience in new store transactions, dispositions, lease restructuring, lease renewals, ground leases and build-to-suit development.
Mr. Pinon began his career working directly for retailers as a real estate manager. He moved into a consultant/outsourced role when he joined The Standard Group, a retail boutique firm that provided the critical functions of a retail real estate department to retailers on an outsourced basis. While at The Standard Group, he was directly responsible for new store transactions across multiple states for T-Mobile, Bright Now Dental and Jamba Juice, among and others. He has remained in the consultant/outsourced role through his employment with Jones Lang LaSalle, CBRE and lastly Newmark. During this time, he has delivered on new store and asset management programs for numerous retailers, including Bridgestone Retail Operations, HSBC Bank, National Stores Smile Brands, Union Bank and various other retailers.