Robert H. Mayer, MAI, joined Newmark Knight Frank Valuation & Advisory in 2000 and currently serves as first vice president and head of its New York Litigation Support Group.
With more than 27 years of appraisal experience, Mr. Mayer focuses on valuations and consulting for litigation support, condemnation, rental redetermination, estates, financing and real estate transaction negotiations. Mr. Mayer specializes in the valuation of land and air rights and valuations to support just compensation in condemnation proceedings. He has appeared as expert witness for a variety of purposes, including valuation disputes, eminent domain appropriations and insurance litigation.
PARTIAL LIST OF ASSIGNMENTS:
- Fulton Street Transportation Center
- Number 7 subway line extension - Easements required for its construction
- Second Avenue Subway - Easements required for its construction
- Tappan Zee Bridge - Easements required for its construction
Ground Rent Determination
- Cornell University Tech Campus, Roosevelt Island
- Alexandria Center
- Valued air rights above Grand Central Terminal for the owner. Developed pricing mechanism for selling the air rights above the Eastern Rail Yards, which was incorporated by New York City in the zoning regulations for the Special Hudson Yards District.
- Assisted the NYC Department of City Planning develop the rate for public realm donation for landmark air rights sales in connection with the East Midtown rezoning.
- Long Island College Hospital (LICH) - Valuation of 20 hospital, medical office and residential buildings.
PARTIAL CLIENT LIST:
- Carter, Ledyard & Milburn LLP
- Empire State Development Corporation
- Goldstein, Rikon, Rikon & Houghton, P.C.
- Hudson Yards Development Corporation
- Internal Revenue Service
- NYC Department of City Planning
- NYC Economic Development Corporation
- State University of New York
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Presentation to Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), 2017
- Member, Wharton Real Estate Club of New York
- MAI designation, Appraisal Institute
- Certified general appraiser, state of New York
- Chair of endowment committee and former treasurer, The Cecilia Chorus of New York
Mr. Mayer earned a Bachelor of Science degree in finance from the The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania.