Rick Chamberlain, SIOR, LEED AP, joined Newmark Grubb Zimmer in 1991 and currently serves as managing director, principal in the Kansas City, Missouri, office. His primary responsibilities include office brokerage and project management.
Rick spent 17 years as project manager for the 300-acre Southlake Technology Park, before the property was sold in 2008. His responsibilities included marketing, leasing, development and asset management for 15 buildings totaling more than 925,000 square feet of office/technology space.
In addition to marketing properties for building owners, Rick is an active advocate for tenants and buyers of office and industrial properties throughout metropolitan Kansas City.
Rick entered the commercial development and brokerage business in 1985 with Trammell Crow Company.
Partial Client List
- Commerce Bank
- Deere & Company
- First American Title Insurance Company
- Informa Business Media
- Infusion Express
- Lenexa Industrial Park, Inc.
- Object Technology Solutions
- Red Nova Labs
- Tradewind Energy
- Watco Companies
- Home Run Award, Kansas City Regional Association of REALTORS® (KCRAR), 2008
- LEED® Accredited Professional, U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC)
- Licensed Missouri and Kansas real estate broker
- Member, Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR)
- Member, Kansas City Regional Association of REALTORS® (KCRAR)
- Director and president, KCRAR Commercial division, 2006-2014
- Graduate, Kansas City Tomorrow leadership program, Civic Council of Greater Kansas City, 2009
- Graduate, Centurions leadership development program, Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce, 2004
- Property committee chairman, advisory board member and executive committee member, The Salvation Army of Greater Kansas City, 2009-present
Rick holds a Master of Business Administration degree from the Krannert School of Management at Purdue University and a Bachelor of Science degree in biochemistry from Trinity College.