Ralph Perna joined Newmark in 2003 at the firm’s Long Island office as executive managing director. Mr. Perna possesses more than 42 years of experience in the representation of both tenants and owners in Long Island. He has expertise in all property types, including office and industrial.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Perna’s concentration has successfully marketed office and industrial properties for owners and investors. As an integral component of this business, he has effectively accommodated the space requirements of a variety of tenants/users and developed an extensive database of buyers interested in the local market. Mr. Perna’s expertise ranges from marketing techniques to finance structuring, municipal liaison and environmental impact evaluation.
Prior to joining Newmark, Mr. Perna was most recently an executive managing director at Grubb & Ellis. Previous to that, he was a principal of Richland Park, which merged with Island Realty, where he became a principal in 1991. Richland Park was later acquired by Grubb & Ellis.
Mr. Perna has successfully completed transactions with Forest Laboratories and Medical Action Industries, in addition to completing transactions involving 200,000 and 300,000-square-foot facilities for Long Island Industrial and a 250,000-square-foot build-to-suit on 30 acres for Intercounty Appliance Service. He has also represented Suffolk Transportation Services for all of its Long Island real estate requirements and Sunrise Medical Laboratories, a division of Sonic Care International, for a new corporate headquarters consisting of 90,000 square feet.
Other notable transactions include:
- 2 Channel Drive, Port Washington (180,000 SF): Finesse Novelties
- 55 Corporate Drive, Hauppauge (75,000 SF): Aris Food Importers
- 700 Dibblee Drive, Garden City (350,000 SF): First Industrial Real Estate
- 600 West John Street, Hicksville (210,000 SF): Lazarus Associates
- Inwood, NY (150,000 SF contiguous to Kennedy Airport): Expedite Transportation Services
- Hoboken, NJ (488,000 SF): American Tissue
- 550 South Research Way, Central Islip (250,000 SF): Ascent Pharmaceuticals
- The completion of a 90,000-square-foot headquarters expansion for Flushing Financial Corp.
- 170,000-square-foot new headquarters at 45 Gilpin Avenue Hauppauge for Galil Foods
- Top Industrial Sale (Team Member) - Suffolk, Long Island Business News (LIBN), 2018
- Industrial Broker of the Year, Long Island Business News, 2015, 2017 and 2018
- Top Office Lease of the Year, Long Island Business News, 2015
- Top Industrial Sale of the Year, Long Island Business News, 2013 and 2015
- Industrial Broker of the Year, Newmark, 2005 and 2006; runner-up, 2010
- Long Island Real Estate Group
- The Long Island Association
- Long Island Business Development Council
- Long Island Mid-Suffolk Business Association
- Advancement for Commerce and Industry
- Hauppauge Industrial Association
An active member of his local community, Mr. Perna has also served on the board of directors for the Suffolk Community College Foundation, Inc., and as a committee member for its annual Salute to Excellence event, Midsummer’s Night gala and annual golf tournament. He is also a member of the foundation’s strategic planning and development committee.