Patton K. Jones, vice chairman of Newmark’s Central Texas office, is responsible for the Austin and San Antonio conventional multifamily capital markets business, which includes land and multifamily investment sales, equity and debt. Patton oversees business development, market research and all aspects of property disposition. The collective business lines produce roughly $2 billion in sales annually. In recognition of being the top producing broker for the multifamily investment sales team, Patton has been named Newmark’s National Multihousing Broker of the Year every year since 2015.
Prior to joining Newmark, Patton was co-founder of an aviation parts company. He lived and worked in London and Hong Kong and was responsible for sales in 33 countries. The company grew 9,200% in three years and was the winner of numerous business awards: It ranked No. 1 in “Houston’s 100 Fastest-Growing Businesses” in 1999 by the Houston Chronicle, ranked No. 7 in Dun & Bradstreet and Entrepreneur magazine’s “Hot 100, America’s Fastest-Growing New Businesses 1999,” and was recognized as having one of the aviation industry’s best web sites by Forbes Magazine in 2000. Additionally, Mr. Jones’s past work experience includes single-family patio home development, energy trading and serving as an international sales manager for a Fortune 500 tech firm.
Partial Client List
- Gables Residential
- Oden Hughes
- Trammel Crow Residential
- Heavy Hitter, Austin Business Journal
- Heavy Hitter, San Antonio Business Journal
- Newmark National Multihousing Broker of the Year, 2015-2018
- CoStar Power Broker, 2007-2018
- Co-founder, ARA Central Texas office, 2005
- Member, National Multihousing Council Political Action Committee
- Member, ULI (Urban Land Institute) Austin
- Member, Real Estate Council of Austin
- Gala chairman, Dell Children’s Hospital, 2019-2020
- Co-chair, Trinity Episcopal School Promise Campaign, 2019
Mr. Jones graduated from the University of Texas at Austin, where he earned a bachelor’s degree in political science.