Neil L. Rubin joined Newmark in 2000, following a three-year affiliation with Julien J. Studley, Inc. Mr. Rubin represents both tenants and owners. This dual perspective provides Mr. Rubin with a distinct advantage in meeting the needs of all his clients.
As a leasing agent, Mr. Rubin has represented leading REIT Empire State Realty Trust in its repositioning of 111 West 33rd Street and 1400 Broadway to attract TAMI (technology, advertising, media and information) tenants. To date, he has secured tenants occupying in excess of 500,000 square feet of office space in these buildings. Noteworthy transactions in these buildings include Interpublic Group of Companies, Macy’s and The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research. Mr. Rubin is also an integral member of a leasing team responsible for locating tenants on behalf of Madison Realty Capital for their development project in Sunset Park, Brooklyn.
On the tenant side, Mr. Rubin has represented an impressive and diverse roster of tenants over the past 18 years including Athelera LLC, an investment bank; Claudia Slovinsky and Associates, PLLC, an immigration law firm; Kubera Partners, a private equity firm; The Knot (XO Group Inc.), a multimedia company; and Raxon Fabrics, a custom fabrics designer and manufacturer. He also secured space for the new headquarters of the Committee of Interns and Residents SEIU.
Prior to beginning his career in real estate, Mr. Rubin worked as a financial analyst in both the securities and media industries.
Owners and buildings represented include:
- Empire State Realty Trust: 1400 Broadway (908,000 SF), 111 West 33rd Street (740,000 SF), 1359 Broadway (471,000 SF), 1350 Broadway (400,000 SF) and 1333 Broadway (355,000 SF)
- Madison Realty Capital: Sunset Yards, 341 39th Street, Brooklyn (200,000 SF)
- The Winter Organization: 115 Fifth Avenue/881 Broadway (260,000 SF), 111 Fifth Avenue (210,000 SF), 599 Eleventh Avenue (80,000 SF), 3 East 28th Street (65,000 SF), 18 East 16th Street (58,000 SF), 404-408 West 14th Street (51,650 SF) and 16 West 46th Street (50,000 SF)
- Louis Dreyfus Property Group: 148 Lafayette Street (155,000 SF) and 158 West 27th Street (120,000 SF)
- P&J Realty: 100-104 Fifth Avenue (305,000 SF) and 96 Morton Street (117,000 SF)
- Belvedere Management Company: 330 Seventh Avenue (247,000 SF)
Noteworthy transactions on behalf of landlords or sub-landlords include:
- Macy’s (131,000 SF)
- OnDeck Capital (117,000 SF)
- The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research (86,500 SF)
- The Interpublic Group of Companies (86,000 SF)
- Lord & Taylor (Hudson’s Bay Company) sublease to Tommy Hilfiger (67,000 SF)
- Dolce & Gabbana (48,000 SF)
Mr. Rubin is an active member of the Young Men’s/Women’s Real Estate Association and the Real Estate Board of New York (REBNY).
Mr. Rubin holds a Master of Business Administration degree in media management from Fordham University and a Bachelor of Science degree in finance from the State University of New York at Buffalo.