Neil J. Goldmacher joined Newmark in 1995 as a senior managing director and became a principal in 2000. He currently serves as Chairman, National Tenant Representation.
Mr. Goldmacher is one of the most sought-after and highly regarded real estate advisors in the United States. He specializes in national tenant advisory services with an emphasis in strategic planning and corporate services. A seasoned industry veteran, Mr. Goldmacher is vastly experienced with multimarket transactions spanning a global scale. His scope of expertise includes various types of real estate requirements in addition to complex and structured projects with sophisticated corporate users.
Additionally, Mr. Goldmacher is highly experienced with corporate services work in the financial services industry, with an enviable roster of premier clients to match. He has completed notable national portfolio work for the following clients, among others:
- Northeast regional evaluation and headquarters realignment
- 200,000 SF technology HUB and unit relocation to low-cost alternative
- 300,000 SF middle/back office relocation with large municipal incentive package
The Goldman Sachs Group
- Middle/back office study, resulting in acquisition of Colgate development site (New Jersey campus)
- 802,000 SF assignment of lease to AIG at 180 Maiden Lane, New York, NY
- 546,000 SF at Water Street master lease
- Office strategy and execution; multiple locations including: Atlanta, Bermuda, Boston, Carteret, Greenwich, Jersey City (200,000 SF data center), Memphis, Mexico City, Miami, Philadelphia, Princeton, St. Petersburg, Tampa and Washington, DC
JP Morgan Chase
- Headquarters realignment and 575,000 SF tech hub acquisition
- Retail branch strategy execution
- M&A due diligence, post-merger dispositions
- Office strategy and execution; multiple locations including: Atlanta, Boca Raton, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Jersey City, Los Angeles, New York City, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Seattle and Washington, DC
Other clients include Alliance Bernstein, The Blackstone Group, Columbia University, Elliott Management, E&Y, Hachette Book Group, Hughes Hubbard & Reed, Investcorp Memorial Sloan Kettering, Moore Capital Management, Neuberger Berman, Peter J. Solomon Company, Providence Equity Partners, Texas Pacific Group and Wells Fargo.
Prior to joining Newmark, Mr. Goldmacher was associated with Williams Real Estate Co. Inc.
An active industry and community leader, Mr. Goldmacher is a member of the Industrial and Office Real Estate Brokers Association (IOREBA) and Real Estate Board of New York (REBNY) and serves on the board’s leasing brokers committee. Mr. Goldmacher also serves on the board of directors of Creative Art Works, a New York-based nonprofit.
Mr. Goldmacher received his Bachelor of Science degree in accounting from Fairleigh Dickinson University.