Neal Golden serves as president-Texas and vice chairman of Newmark Knight Frank, leading operations and expansion initiatives including providing active counsel on national corporate recruitment and acquisition strategies for the state of Texas. Mr. Golden has oversight of client relations, strategic planning, profitability and high-level industry pursuits, and he fosters growth of the NKF brand statewide, encompassing NKF and its multifamily capital markets division, Jackson Cooksey and E Smith Advisors.
As vice chairman and leader of NKF’s full-service real estate platform, Mr. Golden guides corporate clients on acquisitions, dispositions, leasing and global portfolio advisory, strategic planning and financial services. He spearheaded NKF’s national retail and hospitality platform (2011-2016) and is a known expert on the representation of prestigious law firms nationwide. In addition to running the Texas region, Mr. Golden leads a team of 20 national platform brokers providing acquisitions and representation services.
A more than 10-time Deal of the Year award winner for transactions throughout the United States, Mr. Golden is regarded as an industry expert by Real Estate Forum, Grid magazine and Commercial Property News. He is a featured speaker and guest lecturer for firms around the country, including National Real Estate Investor and for ALA, Lex Mundi, Group of Ten and the U. S. Law Firm Group.
Mr. Golden joined NKF in 2002 as head of U.S. brokerage to provide counsel for the company’s national expansion. Prior to NKF, Mr. Golden was head of the southeastern region at Julien J. Studley, Inc. (now Savills Studley), where he was instrumental in the opening of regional offices in Atlanta, Miami and Dallas.
Mr. Golden is actively involved in the community and currently serves on the advisory board of The McCombs School of Business at The University of Texas at Austin. In 2018, Mr. Golden planted a seed with NKF’s affiliate, Cantor Fitzgerald Company, for a milestone event to help rebuild Texas following the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey. During a two-day event, the Cantor Fitzgerald Relief Fund, with 150 professionals from Cantor, NKF and other offices in Houston, Dallas and Austin, and in association with the mayor and city of Houston, donated $5 million to aid affected Houston residents. Mr. Golden is active on behalf of the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation and participated in fund raising campaigns for the American Cancer Society. He is also a member of the strategic planning commission for The Camp Sunshine Foundation for Children with Cancer and a contributor to the United Way.
- GID, Houston, TX - 640,000 SF and 950 multifamily units
- Disney Springs, Orlando, FL - 350,000 SF
- The Bloc at Miami, Miami, FL - 300,000 SF
- Virgin Hotel, Nomad, NY - 300,000 SF
- Zales (Office Tenant Rep/HQ relocation/BTS development), Dallas, TX - 260,000 SF
- Texas Department of Transportation (land buyer rep), Austin, TX - 48.97 AC
- Bofl Holding (office tenant rep/corporate HQ renewal), San Diego, CA - 136,000 SF
- Signet (office tenant rep/HQ relocation), Akron, OH - 500,000 SF
- Starwood Hotels & Resorts (office tenant rep/corporate HQ relocation and worldwide portfolio), Stamford, CT - 431,555 SF
- Capital One Bank (office buyer rep/HQ acquisition), New York, NY - 350,000 SF
- Starwood Hotels & Resorts (office tenant rep/corporate HQ relocation and worldwide portfolio), Stamford, CT - 300,000 SF
- ServiceMaster Global Holdings (retail tenant rep/HQ relocation), Memphis, TN - 295,900 SF
- Overstock.com (office tenant rep/HQ relocation/BTS development), Salt Lake City, UT - 275,000 SF
- Burger King (office tenant rep/HQ relocation), Miami, FL - 250,000 SF
- Dunkin’ Brands (office tenant rep/HQ relocation), Boston, MA - 200,000 SF
- Starwood Hotels & Resorts (office tenant rep/corporate HQ relocation and worldwide portfolio), Orlando, FL - 175,000 SF
- Capital One Bank (office tenant rep/relocation), Manhattan, NY - 150,000 SF
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney (office tenant rep/relocation), Pittsburg, PA - 150,000 SF
- Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. (office tenant rep/expansion), Orlando, FL - 128,934 SF
- Deloitte & Touche, LLP (office tenant rep/relocation), Connecticut - 117,700 SF
- Priority Payment Systems (industrial tenant rep/renewal), Atlanta, GA - 78,672 SF
- Community Loans of America (industrial tenant rep/renewal), Atlanta, GA - 53,742 SF
- Chairman’s Circle 100, Newmark Knight Frank, 2014 - 2016
- Deal of the Year Award, representation of Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide for its new, 300,000 SF global headquarters in Stamford, CT, NAIOP, 2010
- Deal of the Year Award, representation of Marcum & Kliegman, LLP, for 70,000 SF at 750 Third Avenue, New York, NY, SL Green, 2009
- Leadership Award, National Multiple Sclerosis Society, 2007
- Office Transaction of the Year, representation of Burger King in its new, 250,000 SF build-to-suit headquarters in Miami, FL, NAIOP, 2005
- Office Transaction of the Year, representation of Nelson, Mullins, Riley and Scarborough as the 100,000 SF anchor tenant of Atlantic Station’s newest office building in Atlanta, GA, CoStar, 2005
- Transaction of the Year Award, law firm transaction: Bradley Arant Rose & White for 158,000 SF in Birmingham, AL, Julien J. Studley, 2002
- Transaction of the Year Award, law firm transaction: Jones, Day, Reavis & Pogue’s 200,000 SF build-to-suit in Dallas, TX, Real Estate Forum, 1998
Mr. Golden is a graduate of the University of Texas and completed graduate courses at American University.