Mitchell Loveman joined Newmark’s Chicago office in 2008 as an executive managing director. With over 32 years of real estate experience in the local downtown and suburban Chicago markets, Mr. Loveman brings senior leadership and deal-making experience to Newmark’s operations in the Midwest. Mr. Loveman’s focus is to grow and strengthen the Newmark brand name and further expose the Chicago market to the Newmark international platform of real estate services.
Prior to Newmark, Mr. Loveman worked at Insignia/ESG, Colliers Bennett & Kahnweiler and Transwestern Commercial Services.
For over a decade, Mr. Loveman was the exclusive marketing and leasing landlord agent for the Tri-State International Office Center on behalf of Greystone Realty Corporation (asset manager for New York Life Insurance Company). The project was a two-phase, five-office building spec ground-up development containing 544,000 square feet of Class A office space. Other institutional landlord office agency clients have included Aetna Realty Investment, Colony Realty Partners, Klaff Realty, LP, Northern Realty Group, Riggs Bank (on the behalf of asset manager Kennedy Associates Real Estate Counsel) and Walton Street Capital LLC. Mr. Loveman has also completed several suburban office building investment sale assignments and office condominium purchases for clients in downtown Chicago.
More recently, Mr. Loveman has spearheaded the Newmark leasing team that has increased the occupancy rate at The Wrigley Building from 25% to 85% (over 250,000 SF) in just over two years. The Wrigley Building was purchased by an instituitional ownership group in 2012 and underwent a major capital redevelopment. Newmark was charged with the task of developing a marketing campaign to rebrand the building, which consequently has raised the image of the building to a Class A trophy asset.
The following is a select list of Mr. Loveman’s tenant representation transactions over his career:
- Fort James - 125,000 SF
- Fujisawa USA, Inc. - 123,000 SF
- Motorola, Inc. - 85,000 SF
- Chicago School of Professional Psychology - 60,000 SF
- Peapod, Inc. - 50,000 SF
- Panasonic Corporation of America - 50,000 SF
- Zenith Electronics - 50,000 SF
- Parexel International - 45,000 SF
- Encore Credit Corporation - 40,000 SF
- Orbitz - 40,000 SF
- Deluxe Media Services - 34,000 SF
- Komatsu Mining Systems - 34,000 SF
- Vector Securities International - 33,000 SF
- Deloitte & Touche, LLP - 33,000 SF
- Solvay Pharmaceutical Partners - 33,000 SF
- The Greater Chicago Group - 33,000 SF
- Walton Street Capital, LLC - 30,000 SF
- Cancer Treatment Centers of America - 30,000 SF
- Coleman Cable Systems - 30,000 SF
- Trevian Soccer Club - 30,000 SF
- Ayco/A Goldman Sachs Company
- Accretive Health - 20,000 SF
Mr. Loveman has repeatedly qualified and been invited to attend the Newmark Annual Top Producer’s meeting. Mr. Loveman has been awarded the NAIOP Office Transaction of the Year award for his tenant representation of Fort James Corporation in the pre-leasing of its 125,000-square-foot corporate headquarters in Deerfield, Ilinois. Previously, Mr. Loveman was awarded the prestigious Insignia/ESG Broker of the Year for the Central/Southeast region. He has also been nominated for the Chicago Sun-Times Broker of the Year Award.
Mr. Loveman received a Bachelor of Science degree in communication studies from Northwestern University.