Mike Hopper joined Newmark as Senior Managing Director in 2015 and is a member of the Critical Transactions Group, specializing in Mid-Lease Term Optimization. The Critical Transactions Group is a geographically disbursed, 20-member, team that works exclusively with major office users on their headquarters and mission critical facilities on a national basis. Using data & predictive analytics, the group identifies value creation opportunities for its clients, agnostic of geography or lease expiration.
The Critical Transaction Group forensically examines non-traditional opportunity indicators such as landlord investment strategies, capital stack exposure, and anchor tenant impact on asset valuation. Utilizing this approach, Mr. Hopper and the team have successfully executed over 3.1 MSF of transactions over the past 3 years with an average remaining lease term of 5.3 years.
Mr. Hopper brings with him 15 years of commercial real estate experience and has secured millions of dollars in savings for his clients through his expertise in areas such as; Accretive Value Arbitrage, EBITDA Enhancement, Balance Sheet Optimization, Strategic Planning, Workplace Optimization, Financial Engineering, Traditional Leasing, and Fixed Fee Build-to-Suits.
Previously, Mr. Hopper worked as a managing director in Savills Studley’s South Florida office. In this capacity, he built a strong list of headquarters clients including Delaware North, Yum Brands, Verisk and SBA Communications; and has worked with notable law firms Philips Lytle and Baker Donelson as a member of the National Law Firm Advisory Group.
PARTIAL LIST OF SALE TRANSACTIONS
- Office Depot HQ, Building Acquisition, 625,000 SF
- SBA Communications, Building Acquisition, 160,000 SF
PARTIAL LIST OF BUILD-TO-SUIT TRANSACTIONS
As a tenant representative:
- Delaware North Companies, Buffalo, NY: 109,345 SF
- Butler, Snow, O’Mara, Stevens & Canada, PLLC, Jackson, MS: 112,000 SF
- Phillips Lytle LLP, Buffalo, NY: 85,000 SF
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC, Jackson, FL: 8,637 SF
PARTIAL LIST OF LEASE TRANSACTIONS
As a tenant representative:
- Belk, Inc., Charlotte, NC, Early Restructure: 475,000 SF
- WellCare, Tampa, FL, Early Restructure: 350,000 SF
- MVP Health Care, Schenectady, NY, Early Restructure: 175,000 SF
- MVP Health Care, Rochester, NY: 150,000 SF
- World Fuel Services, Miami, FL, Early Restructure/Expansion, 125,000 SF
- Avangrid, Rochester, NY, 118,000 SF
- Parker Poe, Charlotte, NC, 86,000 SF
- Cadwalader, Charlotte, NC, 71,570 SF
- Hogan Lovells, Miami, FL, 55,000 SF
- Children’s Miracle Network Member
- Isabella Santos Foundation (ISF)
Mr. Hopper graduated from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University as a Pamplin College of Business Leadership Scholar with a bachelor’s degree in marketing management with a concentration in finance.