As general manager, Michelle Everett oversees approximately 1.1 million square feet of commercial office space in the Washington, DC, market. Ms. Everett serves as a primary contact for her clients and tenants, prepares financial reports and budgets, aids in due diligence for property acquisitions and dispositions, oversees capital improvement projects and tenant improvements, and supervises a staff of 11. She has more than 17 years of commercial real estate experience, including office and industrial assets.
Prior to joining Newmark, Ms. Everett held a senior property manager position with CBRE and a real estate manager position with The Lenkin Company, a local Washington, DC-based private owner/developer, with a focus on tenant relations, vendor contracting, accounts payable and receivable, and several other management and administrative responsibilities.
Ms. Everett is very process- and detail-oriented. She has worked with many institutional clients to meet a variety of stringent policies and reporting requirements.
- Certified Property Manager® (CPM), Institute of Real Estate Management
- LEED Green Associate®, U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC)
- Licensed salesperson in the District of Columbia, Commonwealth of Virginia and state of Maryland
- Real Estate Manager of the Year, CBRE, 2012
- Four Diamond Award, TIAA-CREF
Ms. Everett earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in sociology from the University of Maryland, College Park.