Michael Silverman, MAI, CRE, MRICS, joined Newmark Knight Frank’s Valuation & Advisory as a senior vice president in 2017, after the firm acquired six affiliate offices of Integra Realty Resources. As a leader of the Philadelphia office, Mr. Silverman focuses his practice on the eastern half of Pennsylvania and central/southern half of New Jersey.
Mr. Silverman brings to his position 26 years of valuation and advisory experience. He has performed valuations and market studies on a wide variety of properties, including shopping centers, net leased retail, office buildings, industrial facilities, multi-family residences, vacant land, subdivisions and special-purpose properties such as college campuses, churches, car washes and sports facilities. These properties include proposed, partially completed, renovated and existing structures. Mr. Silverman has performed valuations for condemnation purposes, title issues, estate planning, financing, equity participation and due diligence support. His clients have included life insurance companies, banks and financial institutions, private equity and debt participants, developers and investors, law firms, businesses and government agencies.
ARTICLES AND PUBLICATIONS:
- “Big Sale of Land between Old City and NoLibs Offers Chance to Make a Mark,” Philadelphia Inquirer (February 21, 2017)
- “Office Tower Planned at Long-Empty lot near Philadelphia City Hall,” Philadelphia Inquirer (December 19, 2016)
- “Canada Job Searches Soar while Many Business Leaders are Cautious about Trump Victory,” Philadelphia Inquirer (November 9, 2016)
- “Real Estate Bubble? Prices Rising Faster than Rents,” Philadelphia Inquirer (January 19, 2015)
- “In Camden, Development Projects Kindle Hope,” The New York Times (December 9, 2014)
- “Planned Comcast Tech Center Raises Sights in Philadelphia,” The New York Times (January 28, 2014)
- “Philadelphia Schools See Cash in Old Classrooms,” The New York Times (November 12, 2013)
- Instructor, Temple University Real Estate School, 2007 - present
- Appraisal Institute Philadelphia Metro Chapter
Vice president, 2010
Education chair, 2007 - 2009
- Member, Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS)
- MAI designation, Appraisal Institute
- CRE designation, the Counselors of Real Estate
- Licensed general appraiser, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, state of New Jersey
- Licensed real estate broker, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Additionally, Mr. Silverman is qualified as an expert witness before various judicial bodies, including the Court of Common pleas, Superior Court, Boards of Review and various tax appeal boards.
Mr. Silverman earned a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in real estate from the Pennsylvania State University. He has also successfully completed numerous real estate and valuation courses and seminars sponsored by the Appraisal Institute, accredited universities and others.