A RE License #01706668
Michael Saign is an executive managing director in Newmark Knight Frank’s San Jose office. A Silicon Valley native, Mr. Saign specializes in developing and implementing customized real estate strategies for a diverse group of clients ranging from high-growth startup ventures to global Fortune 500 corporations. His consultative approach focuses on strategically aligning clients’ real estate commitments with their overall business objectives. Mr. Saign is differentiated by his ability to integrate traditional brokerage services with cutting-edge corporate advisory tools, enabling him to provide a fully integrated platform of solutions for successfully optimizing facility acquisitions, dispositions and lease restructurings. He has a proven track record of simplifying the strategic planning process, mitigating risk, increasing flexibility and reducing operating costs for his clients.
Mr. Saign also advises a wide range of institutional owners and developers across Silicon Valley on their asset management and leasing strategies. He and his agency advisory team are known for their state-of-the art marketing strategies, best-in-class market intelligence and headquarter leasing experience.
Mr. Saign has consistently been one of Newmark Knight Frank’s top-ranked advisors. In 2018 alone, he was involved in 2.5 million square feet of premier Class A office and R&D transactions. He has been named multiple times to NKF’s Chairman’s Club, which recognizes the firm’s top 100 producing agents in the United States. Additionally, Mr. Saign has been recognized by Real Estate Forum as one of the Top 50 Under 40 rising commercial real estate professionals in the country. Since joining the firm, Mr. Saign has completed more than 400 assignments valued in excess of $4 billion. He is one of the first real estate professionals in Silicon Valley to have earned Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) accreditation. He is known by clients for his work ethic, competitive nature, expert market knowledge and integrity.
- Jay Paul Company Sunnyvale lease to Facebook - 1,051,899 SF
- Jay Paul Company Sunnyvale lease to Amazon - 802,742 SF
- Jay Paul Company Sunnyvale lease to LinkedIn - 410,674 SF
- Sobrato Organization Santa Clara lease to ServiceNow - 328,867 SF
- Embarcadero Capital Milpitas lease to Renesas - 216,163 SF
- Tech Place On 101 San Jose lease and sale to Confidential Tech Tenant - 201,754 SF
- Embarcadero Capital Milpitas lease to FireEye - 189,481 SF
- Zscaler San Jose HQ lease - 172,405 SF
- Invesco Sunnyvale lease to Alibaba - 166,307 SF
- One Workplace Santa Clara HQ acquisition - 192,000 SF
- DivcoWest San Jose lease to Stryker - 185,000 SF
- Netgear San Jose lease extension - 142,700 SF
- Stockbridge/Steelwave Milpitas sale to Inspur - 132,596 SF
- Shorenstein Santa Clara leases to CA Technologies - 128,187 SF
- Siemens Mountain View consolidation and relocation -117,113 SF
- DivcoWest San Jose lease to Jabil - 110,542 SF
- DivcoWest San Jose lease to Roche - 99,734 SF
- DivcoWest/Rockpoint San Jose lease to Cohesity - 98,675 SF
- DivcoWest/Rockpoint San Jose lease to WeWork - 80,072 SF
- Elo Touch Solutions Milpitas lease and disposition - 74,824 SF
- GoDaddy Sunnyvale lease - 40,521 SF
- DiDi Labs Mountain View lease - 36,422 SF
Mr. Saign is a graduate of Boston College, where he rowed on the crew team.
Member of the Parkinson’s Institute and Clinical Center Board of Directors