CA Appraiser License #AG001700
Michael G. Davis, MAI, MRICS, joined Newmark Knight Frank’s Valuation & Advisory in 2017 as a senior vice president in the firm’s San Jose office. Mr. Davis brings to his position 32 years of experience valuing and advising on institutional and corporate real estate throughout Northern California, focusing on Silicon Valley, the San Francisco Peninsula and the East Bay.
Mr. Davis is responsible for appraisal and consulting services on all types of income producing properties including corporate campuses, office developments, research and development facilities, life sciences/bio-tech facilities, industrial parks, warehouse/distribution facilities, theme parks and assessment districts. He has provided appraisal and consultation services for mortgage lending, synthetic lease financing, joint venture, disposition, acquisition, internal audit, municipal condemnation, municipal bond issue, lease arbitration, litigation, estate planning, feasibility study and tax appeal proceedings. In 2016 alone, Mr. Davis personally prepared valuations on numerous properties of nearly $5 billion in aggregate value.
Prior to joining Newmark Knight Frank, Mr. Davis served as senior director of Valuation & Advisory of Cushman & Wakefield Western, Inc. in San Jose, California.
- Valuation & Advisory Top Producer, Cushman & Wakefield (qualified for C&W’s Achievement Conference), 20 times between 1987 and 2016
- Northern California Service Excellence Award, Cushman & Wakefield, 1990 - 2015
- National Leo L. Majzels Award for overall professional excellence, Cushman & Wakefield, 1999
Licenses and Designations
- MAI designation, Appraisal Institute
- MRICS designation, Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- Certified general real estate appraiser, state of California
Mr. Davis earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in economics from the University of California, Los Angeles. He also has completed the requirements of the continuing education program of the Appraisal Institute.