Matthew McFadden joined Newmark Grubb Zimmer in 2008 and has 20 years of corporate management and global real estate experience working for several Fortune 500 companies. Matt’s practice includes: strategic planning, portfolio management and restructuring, tenant representation and transactional drafting and negotiation. As an Executive Managing Director and Principal, head of the Global Corporate Services practice and member of Newmark Grubb Zimmer’s executive board, Matt works to meet his clients’ unique commercial real estate needs while allowing them to focus on their core business.
Matt has a particular talent for understanding clients’ diverse real estate portfolios at a macro level and then identifying implementable opportunities coupled with clear strategies for execution.
Prior to joining Newmark Grubb Zimmer, Matt managed a 20 million-square-foot global real estate portfolio for Honeywell International Inc. Matt began his career with Sprint, managing a national retail and office portfolio.
Recent Client Initiatives
- Transaction management for an international Fortune 100 client with office, manufacturing, distribution and warehouse needs across North and South America
- Transaction management for an international Fortune 150 client with office, manufacturing, distribution and warehouse needs across South America
- Transaction management for a Fortune 200 communications and technology client with assets across North America
- Site selection and transaction management for a high-growth international creative media arts client in New York City, Atlanta, Miami, Chicago, Los Angeles and San Francisco
- National portfolio restructuring for several retail clients, resulting in annual real estate cost-savings of more than $15 million
- Heavy Hitters in Commercial Real Estate, Kansas City Business Journal, 2016 and 2017
- 40 Under Forty, Ingram’s Magazine, 2013
- Value Award, Site Vision Award, Six Sigma Plus
- Top Performers Award, Honeywell International
- Board Chair, Metropolitan Community College Foundation
- Member, Kansas City, Missouri Business Leadership Council
- Real Estate Committee, Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce
- Member, The Global Association for Corporate Real Estate (CoreNet Global)
- Civic Council of Kansas City, Kansas City Tomorrow, Class of 2011 – 2012
- Licensed real estate salesperson states of Missouri and Kansas
Matt holds a Juris Doctor degree from Washburn University School of Law and a Master of Business Administration degree from the W.P. Cary School of Business at Arizona State University. He also holds a Bachelor of Science degree in political science from James Madison University.
Matt lives in the Brookside community of Kansas City, Missouri, with his wife Elizabeth and their three very active boys, ages 17, 14 and 11.