RE License #01746896
Matt Sweeney joined Newmark Knight Frank’s retail team in 2006. As a managing director in the San Francisco office, he specializes in the leasing and sale of retail real estate throughout the Bay Area. Consistently one of the team’s top producers, Mr. Sweeney has closed deals worth more than $300 million in total consideration. His high career and annual transaction volume have earned him both past and present recognition as a CoStar Group Power Broker.
Mr. Sweeney’s extensive knowledge of the San Francisco Bay Area market and his experience working in the retail development industry have allowed him to address the needs of both tenants and landlords. He has successfully negotiated numerous lease and sale transactions with national tenants, regional and local retailers, property owners and investors, developers and institutional REITs and multifamily owners with retail portfolios throughout the greater Bay Area.
- Almaden Ranch, San Jose, CA: 350,000 SF development anchored by Bass Pro Shops, Total Wine & More, and Guitar Center
- Hamilton Plaza, Campbell, CA: 167,000 SF Whole Foods-anchored neighborhood shopping center
- Pleasanton Gateway, Pleasanton, CA: ground-up grocery-anchored center, 150,000 SF
- San Carlos Marketplace, San Carlos, CA: power center redevelopment, 147,000 SF
- Main Street Cupertino, Cupertino, CA: 17-acre mixed-use development including 130,500 SF of lifestyle retail
- Tasman & Fair Oaks, Sunnyvale, CA: retail mixed-use development with 300 residential units, 50,000 SF
- Napa Crossing, Napa, CA: LEED certified development, 30,000 SF
- 2800 Sloat Boulevard, San Francisco, CA: mixed-use development with 25,000 SF of retail space
- 1700 California Street, San Francisco, CA: 8,000 SF flagship restaurant opportunity
Partial List of Tenant Clients
- Bonchon Chicken
- CVS Pharmacy
- Dunkin’ Donuts
- Firehouse Subs
- Great Clips
- Grocery Outlet
- Wells Fargo & Co.
Partial List of Landlord Clients
- Armstrong Development
- Boos Development Group Inc.
- Carmel Partners
- Dollinger Properties
- Equity Residential
- Essex Property Trust Inc.
- Fairfield Residential Co. LLC
- Hunter Properties Inc.
- Invesco Ltd.
- Northwestern Mutual
- Pacific Properties Group
- Safeway Realty Holdings
- Sand Hill Property Co.
- Sares Regis Group
Mr. Sweeney received a bachelor’s degree from the University of California, Davis.