Mary Beth Salas joined Newmark Knight Frank in 2017 as a property manager in the company’s Houston, Texas, office. A 25-year commercial real estate veteran, Ms. Salas specializes in property management including customer service/vendor relations, lease administration, financial reporting, budgeting, green initiatives and energy-saving initiatives.
Ms. Salas joined NKF from the Houston office of Jones Lang LaSalle (formerly Means Knaus Partners), where she most recently served as general manager. In this capacity, Ms. Salas was responsible for third-party property management of several multi-tenant office buildings located in Houston’s Westchase District. Prior to Jones Lang LaSalle, Ms. Salas served as a senior property manager at Houston-based Navisys Group, where she was responsible for the overall operations of the Pin Oak Park Campus located in Bellaire, Texas. Prior to Navisys Group, Ms. Salas served as an assistant property manager at Fort Worth-based Crescent Real Estate Equities. In this capacity, she assisted with the management of 2 Houston Center, located in downtown Houston. Prior to Crescent Real Estate Equities, Ms. Salas began her corporate real estate career with a long stint at Cullen Center/TrizecHahn Properties (now Brookfield Office Properties), where she held positions of increasing responsibility before leaving as the assistant property manager. In this capacity, she assisted with the operations of One Allen Center, located in downtown Houston.
- International nominee for One Oak Park, TOBY (The Outstanding Building of the Year), Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA), 2015
- Local and regional winner for One Oak Park, TOBY, BOMA, 2014
- Member, Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM)
- Member, Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA)
- Certified Property Manager® (CPM®), National Association of REALTORS® (NAR)
- Licensed Texas real estate professional
Ms. Salas earned a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in marketing from the University of Houston.