Mark Perkins is a leader of Retail Occupier Services, a specialty practice within Newmark’s Global Corporate Services. Retail Occupier Services partners with retailers by supporting or entirely outsourcing the critical functions of a retail real estate department and is responsible for integrating these functions for the retailer. Retail Occupier Service teams are led by former retailers all driven to act as an extension of the client’s real estate department. Among other services provided to retailers, Retail Occupier Services:
- manages retail portfolios ranging from several hundred to several thousand locations,
- opens more than 1,000,000 square feet of new retail stores annually,
- administers thousands of leases, including full rent/ bill pay, and CAM audits,
- executes more than 1,000 lease renewals annually,
- delivers store relocation and disposition services,
- coordinates more than $30 million in project management annually,
- coordinates and implements integrated database, workflow management, lease administration, and GIS IT solutions
Mr. Perkins is an entrepreneur and senior retail executive with 24 years of retail real estate and national corporate management experience. As an employee, consultant and entrepreneurial owner, Mr. Perkins has built and managed some of the largest retail initiatives of the last two decades.
Mr. Perkins’s early career started as real estate manager for large company retailers such as McDonald’s, Jack In the Box, and Blockbuster Video. In the mid-1990s, Mr. Perkins rose to the role of senior vice president of Development for Hollywood Video. Mr. Perkins’s department was responsible for opening as many as 350+ stores per year and maintaining the chain’s 3,000 stores and leases.
In 2000, Mr. Perkins was one of the founding partners of The Standard Group, a consultancy which provided the critical functions of a retail real estate department to retailers on an outsourced basis: strategic planning, transaction management, project management, lease administration and facilities maintenance. The Standard Group managed the development of several thousand new stores nationally for clients such as T-Mobile, Buffalo Wild Wings, Texas Roadhouse, Smart & Final, Bright Now Dental, Starbucks, Jamba Juice and others. Mr. Perkins and his partners sold The Standard Group to Jones Lang LaSalle in 2008. Mr. Perkins joined Newmark in 2011 in anticipation of building a premier retail consultancy group.
Mr. Perkins holds a Bachelor of Science degree in business administration and finance from Oregon State University.