Mark Fowler, SIOR joined Newmark Knight Frank in 2014 as a managing director in the firm’s East Brunswick, New Jersey office. Mr. Fowler specializes in the leasing and sale of office and industrial buildings, focusing on the central New Jersey markets of Princeton, Metropark and Monmouth.
Having repeatedly advised tenants on their real estate requirements, Mr. Fowler has represented such national and international companies as Axis Reinsurance, DeVry University, HUB International, Nuance Communications and Stantec, and worked with NKF’s Global Corporate Services team.
Mr. Fowler and his partners are the exclusive listing agents for over 1 million square feet of office and industrial buildings. He has represented such landlords and developers as K. Hovnanian, Ivy Real Estate, Murray Construction, Normandy Real Estate Partners, and Onyx Equities, and on their behalf has negotiated leases with ALK Technologies (39,153 SF), CNA Insurance (67,853 SF), MJH Shared Services (31,158 SF), New Castle Building Products (31,000 SF) and S&P Global (74,845 SF).
During his 19-year career, Mr. Fowler has completed more than 5 million square feet of transactions, valued in excess of $500 million in New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania.
Prior to joining NKF, Mr. Fowler was a senior vice president of Weichert Commercial Brokerage, where he was a member of the team that negotiated one of the largest office leases in the company’s history. From 2008 to 2013, Mr. Fowler was repeatedly recognized as one of the top producing brokers for the company, and in 2010 he was named Broker of the Year.
Select Transactions and Assignments
- Jingoli Properties: Member of leasing team for entire 12-building, Princeton office portfolio, totaling 714,000 SF and increasing occupancy prior to eventual sale.
- Axis Re-Insurance: As tenant representative, negotiated their lease for a new Princeton office, expanded their Berkeley Heights office and relocated their New York office over a three-year period, for a total of 188,217 SF.
- Normandy Real Estate Partners: As leasing brokers, advised the Landlord to re-stack their two Princeton office buildings, resulting in over 140,000 SF of leases being signed and one building being fully leased for the first time in 30 years.
- Marlen Holdings/CTC Holdings:Advised and negotiated the purchase of their Monmouth portfolio of 131,807 SF office and industrial buildings, and leased a total of 59,652 SF to ensure full occupancy.
- Janus Trade Group: First represented them in the leasing of their 19,000 SF relocation to Eatontown, NJ, then hired as leasing broker for their 67,783 SF warehouse in Tinton Falls, NJ, and secured 21,552 SF of swing space until they were able to move into their own building.
- Gordon Construction: As part of leasing team, encouraged developer to build a 100,000 SF class A office and leased 70% of the building by completion.
- Onyx Equities: As leasing broker of their 73,003 SF office building in Tinton Falls, NJ, negotiated over 20,000 SF of new leases
- Ivy Realty: As part of leasing team, increased occupancy of their 71,550 SF Princeton office building from 31% to 71%, enabling ownership to exit at a significant profit.
- Infragistics: Hired to sublease over half of their own building as they downsized and leased a total of 40,000 SF to two separate tenants to bring building back to full occupancy.
- Two River Community Bank: Represented tenant in the relocation and expansion of their 17,625 SF corporate headquarters.
Awards and Achievements
- SIOR Top 100 Office Transactions, 2017
- SIOR, NJ Chapter Largest Office Lease, 2017
- Top Three Sales Associate, Weichert Commercial Brokerage, 2011
- Broker of the Year, Weichert Commercial Brokerage, 2010
- Broker of the Year, RXR Realty, 2010
- Society of Industrial & Office Realtors (SIOR)
- Industrial & Office Real Estate Association (IOREBA)
Mr. Fowler graduated in business studies from the University of Westminster, England, and in real estate from the Kislak Real Estate Institute, Monmouth University.