Senior Managing Director Leo Paytas joined Newmark’s Rutherford, New Jersey, office in 2018. Mr. Paytas has more than 30 years of commercial real estate experience, representing tenants and landlords globally. Mr. Paytas’ vast real estate expertise includes working on behalf of tenants and landlords in the financial, insurance and legal industries. This expertise combined with his Fortune 500 company relationships offers a unique value to the client. In the last two years, Mr. Paytas has represented clients in either the sale or lease of more than 2.4 million square feet, with a total market value of $264 million.
Mr. Paytas has managed the accounts of a number of household name companies. These include Prudential’s 7 million-square-foot portfolio, for which he oversaw real estate transaction activities including acquisitions, dispositions and sales. His previous account management experience also includes services on behalf of a notable confidential insurance client, which were instrumental during the strategic reduction of its real estate portfolio, generating significant cost savings.
- Celgene: 1.5 million SF
- Equinix: 355,000 SF
- Cuisenaire Co. of America (Orange, NY): 298,000 SF
- Maersk (Madison, NJ) 146,000 SF
- Confidential Insurance Client (Los Angeles, CA) 141,000 SF
- Confidential Insurance Client (Phoenix, AZ) 131,000 SF
- Benfield Holdings, Inc. (Minneapolis, MN) 129,000 SF
- Confidential Financial Client 117,000 SF
- RXR Realty (Madison, NJ) 113,000 SF
- Benfield Holdings, Inc.
- Continental Airlines
- Plainfield Asset Management
- Schlesinger Associates
- TA Associates
- Thacher Proffitt & Wood
- Licensed real estate broker, state of New Jersey
- Licensed real estate salesperson, state of New York
Mr. Paytas holds a Bachelor of Science degree in civil engineering from the University of Pennsylvania.