Keith Stewart, MAI, serves as a vice president with Newmark Knight Frank Valuation & Advisory in the suburban Chicago office. Keith joined the firm in 2019, as part of a talent acquisition from the St. Charles office of RVG Commercial.
Keith began his real estate career in 1997. The following year, he co-founded Stewart Commercial Real Estate Services, Inc., which specialized in the appraisal of retail, office, medical office, industrial, apartment, mixed-use, restaurant, gas station, airport, automotive-related and special purpose properties throughout Illinois and Wisconsin. Keith has extensive experience in preparing full narrative appraisal reports for financing, estate, property assessment appeal, individual and public agency purposes. He has provided expert testimony for numerous property assessment appeal hearings.
In addition to appraising real estate, Keith has successfully marketed and sold residential and commercial properties throughout the Chicago area. He has been involved in the sale of condominium, single-unit residences, mixed-use, retail, office and industrial properties.
Keith has also provided significant assistance in the expansion of the commercial information database for a leading data service provided for McHenry, Kane and Will counties in Illinois.
- Vice president, Newmark Knight Frank, 2019-present
- Appraiser, RVG Commercial, LLC, 2013-2019
- Appraiser, L.A. Duesterbeck & Associates, Inc., 2013
- Vice president, Stewart Commercial Real Estate Services, Inc., 1998-2012
- Independent contractor, COMPS Infosystems, Inc., 1998-2000
- Appraiser, G. Stewart, Inc., 1997-1998
Licenses and Designations
- MAI designation, Appraisal Institute
- Certified general real estate appraiser, states of Illinois and Wisconsin
- Managing real estate broker, state of Illinois
- Member, National Association of REALTORS® (NAR)
- Member, Mainstreet Organization of REALTORS® (MORe)
- Licensed private pilot and member, Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association
- Former member, Wheaton Rotary Club
Keith earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in economics from the University of Colorado. More recently, he has completed the requirements of the Appraisal Institute’s continuing education program.