Justin DiMare joined Newmark in 2003 working in asset management at the firm’s New York headquarters. Since 2005, Mr. DiMare has been with Capital Markets, where he specializes in investment property sales and development advisory services within the New York Metropolitan Area. He also focuses on representing local, medical and educational institutions.
Mr. DiMare is an integral member of the Capital Markets team of professionals, with institutional clients such as Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center (MSKCC) and Mount Sinai Medical Center. Over the last three years, he has been involved in the completion of transactions valued in excess of $1.0 billion. Recent deals include a complex land swap negotiated between the city of New York, MSKCC and Hunter College at 525 East 73rd Street, and a record land sale in Greenwich Village at 17 East 12th Street and a landmark ground lease of 61 Ninth Avenue in the heart of NYC’s meatpacking district.
Recent Sales (Capital Markets Clients):
- 61 Ninth Avenue: Ground lease of 130,000 SF office and retail development site in heart of Meatpacking District, Vornado Realty and Aurora Capital
- 525 East 73rd Street: 820,000 SF development site, New York City and a partnership between MSKCC/Hunter College
- Cabrini Medical Campus: 452,000 SF hospital/conversion property, MSKCC
- Cascade Linen Factory, Brooklyn: 352,000 SF development site, Cascade
- 28-20 Borden Avenue LIC: 156,000 SF development site leased to Fed Ex
- 50 Varick Street: 127,260 SF office condominium, Verizon Communications
- 210 West 18th Street: 126,000 SF residential re-development property, Verizon
- 31 West 15th Street: 125,000 SF development site, UNITE NY/NJ Joint Board
- 412 East 90th Street: 115,000 SF development site, The Spence School
- 45 East 33rd Street: 83,000 SF development site, the Jewish Daily Forward
- 700 Broadway: 80,000 SF office building, Weitz & Luxenberg
- 408 Broadway: 75,000 SF office building, Professional Business College
- 327 East 64 Street: 65,000 SF development site, MSKCC
- 17 East 12th Street: 49,834 SF development site, Term Security (sold for record price per square foot)
- 318 West 48th Street: 45,000 SF development site, Garage Management Company
- 808 Broadway: 24,000 SF retail condominium
- Citibank Retail Portfolio: Sale/leaseback of 73 bank branches in Metro NY, Citibank
Recent Leases (Capital Markets Clients):
- 408 Broadway Associates (with IDEO): 408 Broadway, 28,500 SF
- Mount Sinai Medical Center: 37-22 82nd Street, 15,000 SF
- NYC Fire Department: 512 West 23rd Street, 10,800 SF
- City Harvest: 55-01 Second Street LIC, 75,000 SF
- Soho House: 515 West 20th Street 10,000 SF
- Arts and Fashion Group: 515 West 20th Street, 15,000 SF
- Girls Preparatory Charter School Network: 51 Astor Place, 25,000 SF
- Mount Sinai Medical Center: 770 Lexington Avenue, 25,000 SF
- Simpson Thatcher Bartlett: 385 Gerard Avenue, Bronx, 70,000 SF
Mr. DiMare is a member of the Real Estate Board of New York and the Young Alumni Leadership Council at NYU.
Mr. DiMare earned a master’s degree in real estate investment from New York University and in 2008 received a full scholarship from the Mortgage Bankers Association. He also holds a Bachelor of Science degree from Pace University, where he majored in finance and information.