Justin Beal joined Newmark Grubb Zimmer in 2014 and currently serves as the managing director of retail brokerage at the firms Kansas City office. Justin specializes in landlord and tenant representation as well as site selection for the development and implementation of retail tenants’ expansion strategies. He brings to his position over 17 years of business management and ownership experience that includes successfully owning two companies for the past 10 years. He also has vast experience in client relations as well as negotiating contracts ranging in value from $50,000 to $20 million.
Justin currently represents approximately 1.5 million square feet of retail properties throughout the Kansas City MSA. He is working with clients on site selection in Kansas City, Omaha, Topeka, St. Louis and elsewhere throughout the Midwest. He has represented clients that range from startups to national retailers. Most recently, Justin has started site selection to rollout HomeGrown, a new high-end breakfast/lunch concept. Justin is actively working with Planet Fitness, Dairy Queen, Qdoba, Smoothie King, House of Blues, and Thrive Restaurant Group, among many other national brands.
Justin is a member of several professional organizations, including the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC), Kansas City Regional Associations of REALTORS® (KCRAR), and CCIM Institute. He is also a board member of the Blue Springs Economic Development Council, a member of the Blue Springs Rotary and a former city councilman.
In addition, Justin attends all of the major retail conferences throughout the United States, including but not limited to ICSC in Las Vegas, New York, Chicago and Dallas.
Partial List of Lease Transactions
As a tenant representative
- 8550 Holmes Road, Kansas City, MO, Chief Pony and Holmes, LLC: Caring Hands and Hearts of Kansas City, Inc., 13,514 SF
- 1201 East Emanuel Cleaver Boulevard II, Kansas City, MO Planet Fitness, 20,320 SF
As a landlord representative
- 1825 SW 7 Highway, Blue Springs, MO, Royal Investment Group: The Salvation Army, 14,691 SF
- 12414 S. 71 Highway, Grandview, MO, Kancov GM, LLC: Day Spa, 12,000 SF
Partial List of Sale Transactions
- Plaza 3rd Center, 694-714 SE 3rd Street, Lee’s Summit, MO: Parrot Properties, Inc. sold to Wells Realty LLC
- Grandview Village Shopping Center, 11900-11906 Blue Ridge, Grandview, MO: Grandview Village Shopping Center, LLC sold to IP Investments, Inc.
Partial Client List
- Dairy Queen
- Design Within Reach
- House of Blues
- Inland National Real Estate Services
- Marco’s Pizza
- Pinot’s Palette
- Planet Fitness
- Smoothie King
- Thrive Restaurant Group
- Tutera Group
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Kansas City Regional Association of REALTORS® (KCRAR)
- Board member, Economic Development Council, Blue Springs, MO
- Member, Lee’s Summit Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Independence Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Blue Springs Chamber of Commerce
- Blue Springs Rotary Club
- Licensed real estate salesperson, states of Kansas and Missouri
Justin holds a Master of Business Administration degree in project management from Columbia Southern University and a bachelor’s degree in marketing from the University of Central Missouri.