CA RE License #00850059
In his 39 years of working with corporate clients, Josef Farrar has negotiated a myriad of transactions throughout the country and globally. Josef’s real estate solutions include strategic services such as municipal incentives, demographic/labor and financial analytics. Josef is a member of a seven-person team that has worked together for nearly 25 years.
Josef is also supported by a team of workplace specialists, site selection consultants, Project Managers and capital market experts.
An established leader in commercial real estate, Josef has garnered multiple recognitions from CoStar’s Power Broker award for Top Office Leasing Broker in the Los Angeles market.
- Green Dot Corporation - Josef led the core delivery team to assist with its headquarters consolidation. He and his team strategically developed a competitive environment for Green Dot among the other potential cities and projects, resulting in the company’s relocation to Pasadena in one building under a very favorable and flexible lease term. Currently, the team manages Green Dot’s real estate portfolio and provides strategic advice on all real estate matters. Green Dot has been a client since 2005.
- Assurant Group - Assurant has been Josef’s client for nearly 15 years. He has completed more than 500,000 square feet of transactions, including municipal incentive packages, for Assurant and is currently assisting the company in a number of transactions throughout the country.
- Technip USA - The firm benefitted from Josef’s expertise after an exhaustive search for an expansion facility, resulting in a headquarters near its existing location. One of Technip’s requirements was to remain in proximity to the existing location in order to retain its highly skilled engineering staff. Keeping this in mind, Josef negotiated a rental rate that was 25% lower than other competing opportunities and 40% lower than the existing landlord’s best renewal proposal. Technip, formerly KTI, has been a client since 1989.
- AV, Inc. - Josef and his team have provided real estate service for AV, formerly AeroVironment Inc., since 1995 with transactions totaling nearly 500,000 square feet.
AeroVironment, Inc.; Atkinson-Baker; Assurant Group; ATK Missile Systems; Aviva Family and Children’s Services; ABEO Western Division; California Credit Union League; Cap Management; Converse Consultants; Credit Union Direct Lending; CSE Insurance Company; CureSearch; David Morse & Associates; DG Fastchannel; Dignity Health (CHW); Green Dot Corporation; iPayment; J. Paul Getty Trust; Kiewit; L.A. Care Health Plan; Leo A Daly; RTKL Architects; Saiful/Bouquet Inc.; Technip/FMC Corporation; University of La Verne; WNC First; Pacific Oaks College; Sizmek; LACMA, MITAC Digital; Soothe, Inc.; OnQuest Engineering; Seyfarth Shaw LLP; Smith Gambrell & Russel, LLP; Wedbush Securities.
Professional Recognitions and Associations
- Five Acres, two-term Board Member and Chairman of Buildings and Grounds Committee and volunteer
- Los Angeles Chamber of Commerce
- American Cancer Society, Volunteer
Josef holds a bachelor’s degree in finance, real estate and risk management from California Polytechnic State University, Pomona, CA.