Jonathan Lang joined Newmark Valuation & Advisory in 2019 as a vice president with the Self Storage practice. Based in Irvine, California, Mr. Lang is a member of a team that values more than $2.75 billion in quarterly self storage portfolios and single assets. He has focused on self storage since the start of his appraisal career in 2009, specializing in the economics of self-storage: data, research, market reports, feasibility, valuation and consultation.
Prior to Newmark, Mr. Lang served as a vice president with CBRE for a little more than four years. He previously worked for approximately five years at Cushman & Wakefield, joining that firm in 2009 as an appraiser. He was promoted twice during his tenure there, to associate director in 2011 and to director in 2014.
Licenses and Designations
- California trainee real estate appraiser #AT044876
- Associate member, Appraisal Institute
- Residential Appraisal Market Analysis & Highest & Best Use
- Residential Appraisal Site Valuation & Cost Approach
- Residential Appraisal Sales Comparison & Income Approach
- Basic Appraisal Principles
- Basic Appraisal Procedures
- Business Practices & Ethics
- 7/15 Hour USPAP