CA Appraiser License #AG003248
John P. Walsh, MAI, MRICS, joined Newmark Knight Frank Valuation & Advisory in 2017 as a first vice president in 2017 in the San Mateo office, which covers Northern California. Mr. Walsh brings to his position 31 years of experience valuing and advising on institutional and corporate real estate throughout Northern California.
Prior to Newmark Knight Frank, Mr. Walsh worked for 10 years in the Cushman & Wakefield Valuation & Advisory Services Group, where he served in a variety of professional roles. Most recently, he was a senior director in the San Francisco office. In this role, he was responsible for appraisal and consulting services for most types of income-producing and commercial properties, including affordable housing, development land, educational facilities, hotels and motels, industrial, multifamily, mixed-use, office, residential subdivisions, retail, senior housing and special-use properties. The intended use of these assignments included mortgage lending, corporate advisory, disposition and acquisition, tax appeal, litigation and rent arbitration.
Mr. Walsh has been appraising since 1988 and has valued over $30 billion in real estate. He previously held professional and managerial positions with Hamilton, Ricci & Associates, Security Pacific Bank (acquired by Bank of America), First Deposit Bank (acquired by Wells Fargo) and The Pacific Bank (acquired by City National Bank).
Partial List of Significant Assignments
- Mission Bay South, San Francisco CA: 23-acre urban mixed-use redevelopment site
- 101 California Street, San Francisco CA: 1.25 million SF trophy office building
- Four Embarcadero Center, San Francisco CA: 1.0 million SF trophy office building
- Park Tower at Transbay, San Francisco CA: Proposed 750,000 SF trophy office building
- Lumina, San Francisco CA: 656-unit high-rise condominium complex
- 6X6, San Francisco CA: 250,000 SF urban retail center
- Niketown Building, San Francisco CA: 85,000 SF urban retail center
- 300 Airport Boulevard, Burlingame CA: 16-acre office development site
- Bay Center, San Mateo CA: 300,000 SF office complex
- Circle Star Center, San Carlos CA: 210,000 SF office complex
Licenses and Designations
- MAI designation, Appraisal Institute
- Member, Royal Institution of Charter Surveyors (MRICS)
- Certified general real estate appraiser, state of California
Mr. Walsh earned a Master of Business Administration degree in management from Golden Gate University and a Bachelor of Science degree in finance from the Santa Clara University. He has also completed the requirements of the Appraisal Institute’s continuing education program.