John Esposito joined Newmark as Senior Managing Director in 2014 and is a member of the Critical Transactions Group, specializing in Mid-Lease Term Optimization. The Critical Transactions Group is a geographically disbursed, 20-member team that works exclusively with major office users on their headquarters and mission critical facilities on a national basis. Using data & predictive analytics, the group identifies value creation opportunities for its clients, agnostic of geography or lease expiration.
The Critical Transaction Group forensically examines non-traditional opportunity indicators such as landlord investment strategies, capital stack exposure, and anchor tenant impact on asset valuation. Utilizing this approach, Mr. Esposito and the team have successfully executed over 3.1 MSF of transactions over the past three years with an average remaining lease term of 5.3 years.
Mr. Esposito brings with him 23 years of commercial real estate experience and has secured millions of dollars in savings for his clients through his expertise in areas such as; Accretive Value Arbitrage, EBITDA Enhancement, Balance Sheet Optimization, Strategic Planning, Workplace Optimization, Financial Engineering, Traditional Leasing, and Fixed Fee Build-to-Suits.
Prior to joining Newmark, Mr. Esposito was a commercial real estate consultant and senior vice president at the Tampa office of DTZ. From 2004 to 2013 he worked at Studley, where he had a leadership role in opening the firm’s Tampa office and covered the state of Florida through the Miami and Tampa offices.
- Transamerica, 250,000 SF, Miami, FL
- Intcomex, 221,000 SF, Miami, FL
- Access USA, 166,000 SF, Tampa, FL
- Interport Logistics, 147,000 SF, Tampa, FL
- H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center, 130,000 SF, Tampa, FL
- World Fuel Services, 128,000 SF, Miami, FL
- Sypris Electronics, 125,000 SF, Tampa, FL
- TRAK Microwave, 121,000 SF, Tampa, FL
- Coca-Cola Refreshments USA, 85,000 SF, Tampa, FL
- Gibraltar Private Bank & Trust, 61,000 SF, Miami, FL
- Protect My Car: 56,000 SF, St. Petersburg, FL
- Universal Studios, 49,000 SF, Orlando, FL
- Greenspoon Marder P.A., 45,000 SF, T
- TeleCommunication Systems, 45,000 SF, Tampa, FL
- Direct General Insurance, 40,000 SF, Tampa, FL
- Steiner Leisure-Ideal Image, 30,000 SF, Tampa, FL
- Analog Devices, Inc., 29,000 SF, Tampa, FL
- NorthStar Bank, 20,000 SF, Tampa, FL
- AccentHealth, 20,000 SF, Tampa, FL
- Thompson, Sizemore, Gonzalez & Hearing P.A., 15,000 SF, Tampa, FL
- Costar Power Broker Award on multiple occasions
- Westshore Alliance Member
- Children’s Home
- Children’s Home Society
- H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute
Mr. Esposito holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of South Florida and a real estate salesperson’s license from the state of Florida.